How amazon paid no taxes

i was making $15 an hour doing way easier work than amazon.

i was making $40 an hour doing way easier work than amazon.

im expecting amazon (and the economy) to follow the golden rule which they arent.
Is it really that difficult to grab and item, put it in a box, tape it up, and put a shipping label on it?

i was making $15 an hour doing way easier work than amazon.

i was making $40 an hour doing way easier work than amazon.

im expecting amazon (and the economy) to follow the golden rule which they arent.
I have never seen an amazon worker doing “hard work”. Not in the warehouse or at their corporate headquarters.

rickyb

I have never seen an amazon worker doing “hard work”. Not in the warehouse or at their corporate headquarters.
thats because you live a sheltered life. ive never seen it either, but ive read investigative reports on it. its not nice.

whats the phrase about big riches and big thefts?

thats because you live a sheltered life. ive never seen it either, but ive read investigative reports on it. its not nice.

whats the phrase about big riches and big thefts?
WRONG AGAIN. I’ve been in a few amazon warehouses, a couple corporate offices, and a half dozen other offices.

rickyb

WRONG AGAIN. I’ve been in a few amazon warehouses, a couple corporate offices, and a half dozen other offices.
post some articles saying how wonderful the working conditions for amazon warehouse workers are then.

are they unionized? ;)

i worked with one at my job, he was very pissed off at them.

post some articles saying how wonderful the working conditions for amazon warehouse workers are then.

are they unionized? ;)

i worked with one at my job, he was very :censored2: off at them.
I am posting my experiences of hundreds/thousands of times in their warehouses and offices. There will always be people who complain.

rickyb

There are always exceptions. They are exploiting isolated incidences and poor state laws like most of what you do.
thats comforting to know that we have justice, and whatever injustice we have is an "isolated incidence" as you claim.

post some articles.

thats comforting to know that we have justice, and whatever injustice we have is an "isolated incidence" as you claim.

post some articles.
Again, I am posting my own many hundreds / thousands of experiences in their offices/warehouses over a longer period of time.

542thruNthru

Is it really that difficult to grab and item, put it in a box, tape it up, and put a shipping label on it?

Sounds about as hard as a driver’s job.

Obviously you never did the job. More like a preload or unload job.

You 1st post answers your 3rd.

And 100s of thousands of people say the same thing about UPS Drivers and they see us all the time also.

rickyb

Fairness Matters: A Chart Book on Who Pays State and Local Taxes

Overall State & Local Tax Distribution

1. State and local tax systems levy the highest effective tax rates on the lowest-income taxpayers.

Virtually every state tax system is fundamentally unfair, taking a much greater share of income from low- and middle-income families than from high-income families. On average, the poorest 20 percent of taxpayers spend 11.4 percent of their income on state and local taxes, which is 50 percent higher than the 7.4 percent average effective rate for the top 1 percent.

While reasons for this disparity vary by state, an overreliance on regressive consumption taxes and the lack of a sufficiently robust personal income tax are two of the most common features of state and local tax codes.

Note: As with the rest of the data underlying this chart book, these figures come from the sixth edition of ITEP’s Who Pays? report, published October 2018.

2. Unlike every other income group, the top 5 percent of earners pay a smaller share of state and local taxes than their share of income.

The nation’s income is concentrated at the top. For example, the top 1 percent alone have a combined income that exceeds the bottom half of individuals and families.

Despite this imbalance, state and local tax systems typically ask less of high-income families than of families of more modest means. The top 5 percent of earners pay a smaller share of state and local taxes than their share of income. The bottom 80 percent of families, by contrast, pay a larger share of state and local taxes than the share of income they earn.