How are your volumes??

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Very slow.

All I seem to be delivering and picking up is ocean freight. ( Shipments starting with the 776 number series. )

Could it be that Ocean Freight is keeping us a float?

Would we sink with out Ocean Freight?

nosupport4u

It must vary by location, but Air Freight seems to be continuing to dwarf Ocean freight in Chicago. Both seem to be doing alright up here.

Interesting, our ocean is very little seems to me that doing the mail in the morning and second day, deffered, and international stuff we truck to LA is whats keeping us afloat.

We never did mail until ups bought us,now we get about 3-5 positions in the morning the dock guys scan each piece of mail then we rotate helping them throw the mail into those mail carts, while that is going on some drivers are loading trucks, then after a while the drivers who were doing the mail load their trucks etc At about 830 the mail truck shows up and we roll all them carts into the truck then we start our routes. The word is the company is getting $7.50 for each piece of mail scanned.

L

Loufan

Last monday it was 280k, it's usually around 220k on a Monday. We have our busy days and our light days. I'd say we're doing about the same volume as we always have been.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Air Volume is over Projections. Like 125K a night over 110K projected. Don't hold me to it, but if you want to start a V thread, I'll submit Air every day. Next week though.

DustinM

air volume in columbia,sc was huge last night(dont have an exact number) but they had to bring some of their trailers over to the ground hub so we could unload them. ground volume isn't that great. I think we had 90k last night about a week ago It was 220k (record for our hubs' history)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We never did mail until ups bought us,now we get about 3-5 positions in the morning the dock guys scan each piece of mail then we rotate helping them throw the mail into those mail carts, while that is going on some drivers are loading trucks, then after a while the drivers who were doing the mail load their trucks etc At about 830 the mail truck shows up and we roll all them carts into the truck then we start our routes. The word is the company is getting $7.50 for each piece of mail scanned.
What constitutes a "piece of Mail"?
Must be thousands of letters or a pallet of packages for that per piece price.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our hub had an OK peak.

It was clearly carried by LLBean. That account must have added around 50k per day to our volume.

Last peak, the average day was around 400-550k packages. This peak was around 100k more per day!, 500-700k avg. I attribute this to LLBean and a slightly better economy.

Our hub had an OK peak.

It was clearly carried by LLBean. That account must have added around 50k per day to our volume.

Last peak, the average day was around 400-550k packages. This peak was around 100k more per day!, 500-700k avg. I attribute this to LLBean and a slightly better economy.

Two weeks after peak and were running 1.8 mil a day