How can thousands of children cross the border.....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are wrong as usual. If the federal government had sent in the National Guard then they could only be observers but that is not what happened, Perry sent them without Feds so he can grant them police powers.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/us/national-guard-in-texas-could-get-arrest-power.html?_r=0

not true.

Their official orders are to be OBSERVERS only. NO arrest powers will be given. The head of the border patrol has said so publicly, indicating the National Guard has no training to deal with immigrants.

The National Guards only function will be to observe and report.

TOS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No problem, but the wording of your response speaks volumes.
I wasn't the one who brought RACE into the discussion.
Funny how libs don't like others answering a question about RACE with RACIAL TERMS in the answer.
Would you have preferred :
What'she problem with Caucasians adopting non-Caucasian babies?

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When Gov. Rick Perry of Texas announced plans to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to help with the border crisis, it came with a power unexpected by some. By deploying them himself rather than through Washington, he has the power to order the troops to make arrests and apprehensions, something Guard troops in past border deployments have been prohibited from doing.

Perry is sending them under state authority, not federal. And since Obama refused to do anything it was one of the few options available for Perry.
What are the state laws regarding immigration? Do a search.

I can save you the time and flat out tell you that there are none. There are Federal laws, but not state.

The Texas National Guard can arrest someone for violating a state law, but immigration laws are Federal.

You need to check facts instead of believing what you hope to be true.

oldngray

nowhere special
What are the state laws regarding immigration? Do a search.

I can save you the time and flat out tell you that there are none. There are Federal laws, but not state.

The Texas National Guard can arrest someone for violating a state law, but immigration laws are Federal.

You need to check facts instead of believing what you hope to be true.

Gov. Perry Could Give National Guard Arrest Powers

They will not be able to enforce federal immigration laws but may be able to enforce state law. A 19th-century federal law [Posse Comitatus] that makes it a crime for military personnel to perform civilian law enforcement activities does not apply to state-duty troops.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ld-give-national-guard-arrest-powers-n1869885

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gov. Perry Could Give National Guard Arrest Powers

They will not be able to enforce federal immigration laws but may be able to enforce state law. A 19th-century federal law [Posse Comitatus] that makes it a crime for military personnel to perform civilian law enforcement activities does not apply to state-duty troops.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ld-give-national-guard-arrest-powers-n1869885

From your own link, which by the way is nothing more than an OPINION from a right wing propaganda cite.

"It remains unclear if Mr. Perry will grant the troops the authority to make apprehensions. General Nichols suggested this week that Guard troops could do so if the governor requested it but that they had no plans to."

Read man, read.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Illegal Unaccompanied Minors

Won't you take one of these "children" into your home ?? I wish Pelosi would.

again, another right wing distortion. this is a "stock" photo of ms13 with one face singled out, taken in mexico.

Implied by moreluck, that this "child" was somewhere here in the USA.

Some people just have no boundaries.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Illegal Unaccompanied Minors

Won't you take one of these "children" into your home ?? I wish Pelosi would.
again, another right wing distortion. this is a "stock" photo of ms13 with one face singled out, taken in mexico.

Implied by moreluck, that this "child" was somewhere here in the USA.

Some people just have no boundaries.

TOS.
Actually it's a picture of a prisoner at Cojutepeque prison in El Salvador. It's the 8th picture in the photo gallery posted with this BBC article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20402216

The 666 on his chin and XV3 on his forehead indicate he is a member of the 18th street gang, MS13's rival gang. Both of these gangs were started in Los Angeles, right here in the good ole US of A.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wasn't the one who brought RACE into the discussion.
Funny how libs don't like others answering a question about RACE with RACIAL TERMS in the answer.
Would you have preferred :
What'she problem with Caucasians adopting non-Caucasian babies?

You still don't get it. "Colored" is a racial term, one which is derogatory and usually used by someone who still thinks all minorities are just "coloreds". There is no problem with Caucasians adopting non-Caucasian babies..for most of us.

realbrown1

You still don't get it. "Colored" is a racial term, one which is derogatory and usually used by someone who still thinks all minorities are just "coloreds". There is no problem with Caucasians adopting non-Caucasian babies..for most of us.
BS! I'll call them black, brown, colored or anything else that is discriptive. If anyone is offended by a term I choose to call them, then that's their problem.
I don't do political correctness.

moreluck

golden ticket member
All the picture is for is to portray what "the children" might look like that Pelosi and the other bleeding hearts are calling angels with sparkling eyes.
It's a young teen.....maybe like those being held right now.

People like pelosi have us thinking it's a bunch of diapered toddlers and it's not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BS! I'll call them black, brown, colored or anything else that is discriptive. If anyone is offended by a term I choose to call them, then that's their problem.
I don't do political correctness.

Wow. You're white, and since white is a color, I guess you are also a colored person. If you're offended that you're "colored", that's your problem. Oh, and I guess you don't "do" spelling either.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All the picture is for is to portray what "the children" might look like that Pelosi and the other bleeding hearts are calling angels with sparkling eyes.
It's a young teen.....maybe like those being held right now.

People like pelosi have us thinking it's a bunch of diapered toddlers and it's not.
And people like you would like us to think they're all gang members, and they're not.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'd like to ship lady liberty back to France...........but that's between France and me.

Bending over backwards to help when it takes away from your country's own people is not right.
You'd be inclined to help the zombies in Walking Dead.

realbrown1

Wow. You're white, and since white is a color, I guess you are also a colored person. If you're offended that you're "colored", that's your problem. Oh, and I guess you don't "do" spelling either.
I am not offended.

Unlike the Troll Patrol, I don't get offended easily.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's take the National Guard issue from the southern side .
The people who wish to cross our border illegally have grown up in a society where seeing military troops means certain death to them . They are not seen as saviors .
So as these people approach the border and see The National Guard troops their first re-action would be to avoid that area fearing for their own safety .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually it's a picture of a prisoner at Cojutepeque prison in El Salvador. It's the 8th picture in the photo gallery posted with this BBC article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20402216

The 666 on his chin and XV3 on his forehead indicate he is a member of the 18th street gang, MS13's rival gang. Both of these gangs were started in Los Angeles, right here in the good ole US of A.
The picture was captioned....I just cut & pasted the picture and the words below it.