how come im always being sent around the hub

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Now, now...Everyone calm down. It is entirely possible for the OP to think himself to be God's gift to the hub, and yet, suck worse than Kansas City Chiefs overtime defense!

You see, the company is experimenting with a pilot program called "Operation Wimpism". Supervisors are called "Life Coaches", and are trained to give praise no matter what. They give awards and small trophies to all. Some say "I Tried", or 7th Place Winner"!

The OP might be in this trial program?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
10th-place.jpg

watdaflock?

im a sorter and during my shift im always approached by supervisors and told to go help around the hub. like ive been asked to go to IRREG ive been asked to go help with unloading ive been asked to do recycles and im always the person they ask “do you wanna go home or stay” like they always come to me first to see if i wanna stay or go home and they always tell me to go somewhere else in the hub and help because its understaffed. it doesnt make sense because im a great sorter.
OK.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
im a sorter and during my shift im always approached by supervisors and told to go help around the hub. like ive been asked to go to IRREG ive been asked to go help with unloading ive been asked to do recycles and im always the person they ask “do you wanna go home or stay” like they always come to me first to see if i wanna stay or go home and they always tell me to go somewhere else in the hub and help because its understaffed. it doesnt make sense because im a great sorter.
I'm preload and literally every day I am loading a different set of cars on different belts. They said they, "don't have a spot for me"? But they did when they hired me. Sucks but hey it is what it is.

Box Ox

i have to disagree with that . Sorters are cream of the crop . We have the highest IQ's even higher than management . Put some respek on our name bitch .

Mommy told you your part time UPS job makes you a special little Einstein while she tied your work shoes for you this morning. Precious.

J

jibbs

I can't speak for every operation but, in my building, workers from the primary (sort aisle and unload) are considered extra bodies. If we're understaffed, the first resort is to short the primary and spread them around the building to load. As the primary slows down throughout the day, they have more workers than they can justify using, so they're sent to help clean up around the building-- whether that means moving missorts from one belt to another, bring irregs from the unload to the belts, being sent to help pull for an overwhelmed loader as they try to catch up on the work, etc etc

There was even one time the unload was shut down over peak (no trucks came in for a good hour) and those :censored2:ers were sent to stuff forever bags while the rest of the building just chilled for an hour-long paid break.

They treat you guys like workhorses for sure.

Days

No reason really for anything. The management will do anything it takes to keep productivity at max level. Just stop trying to figure out why certain things are done kind of poorly or why the system seems kind of unfair because it can give you just a big headache, trust me.

If I have any advice it’d be to stop thinking of the job as trying to meet certain expectations. Let management worry about their numbers or whatever. Just work safe, doesn’t really matter if the guy next to you picks his nose for 5 hours while your area is a complete mess because everyone gets done at the same time anyway.

Please Call Center

I can't speak for every operation but, in my building, workers from the primary (sort aisle and unload) are considered extra bodies. If we're understaffed, the first resort is to short the primary and spread them around the building to load. As the primary slows down throughout the day, they have more workers than they can justify using, so they're sent to help clean up around the building-- whether that means moving missorts from one belt to another, bring irregs from the unload to the belts, being sent to help pull for an overwhelmed loader as they try to catch up on the work, etc etc

There was even one time the unload was shut down over peak (no trucks came in for a good hour) and those :censored2:ers were sent to stuff forever bags while the rest of the building just chilled for an hour-long paid break.

They treat you guys like workhorses for sure.
Palatine?

CRG817

Of your new it's so you can learn everything I'm the hub quick. It happens to everyone. After you make the notion that your staying it will slowly stop. Gotta thing 4 outta 10 people will stay others complain to there moms cause it's too hard