How do I get a job as a dispatcher?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You are completely clueless. Dispatchers run most stations. Managers are just there to yell, give OLCCs, and then give instructions that the dispatchers have to de-cluster. You need to get out of Matt's lingerie closet and out into the field. You know nothing!

I'm beginning to think you really do believe your own zealotish, otherworldly babble.

hypo hanna

Most couriers complain about dispatchers at Express.

Dispatchers are only doing what they are told to do by dispatch mgmt and station mgmt. and yes that is often task that should be performed by the managers.
When there is conflict there are plenty of ops mgrs who will tell the courier that it was the dispatcher who made the decision or overstepped her authority. They do this to protect themselves at SFA time and because they have to face that driver every day.

dezguy

Most couriers complain about dispatchers at Express.

I've had dispatchers I would bend over backwards for and dispatchers who I do the bare minimum for. My current dispatcher wants a full background check before he sends a walk up. Getting a pup shouldn't be a 5 minute ordeal. My current dispatcher is one of the ones I do the bare minimum for.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've had dispatchers I would bend over backwards for and dispatchers who I do the bare minimum for. My current dispatcher wants a full background check before he sends a walk up. Getting a pup shouldn't be a 5 minute ordeal. My current dispatcher is one of the ones I do the bare minimum for.

The sad part of this is that EVERYONE from couriers to dispatchers to ops managers are all in CYA mode. Name of the game anymore.