How do I get the beard process going?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
To the OP: I understand your frustration with this site. From my year of viewing it I've learned that no matter how serious the topic is, there will always be at least 5 posters who make a joke about it, complain that it is a dumb topic, or post a meme. Then there will be a few folks who give you a straight forward answer. With some patience you can just sift through the BS and find the reply you're looking for.

Also, try the search function before you start any topic. 99% of the time your question or inquiry has already been answered in a thread some time in the past.

Now about your question, you really can get a doctors note explaining that you have a skin condition that would make your appearance worse with razor bumps. In my center they barely enforced the beard rule and at least 20 drivers had beards, although they were well kept. Then we got a new division manager who seemed to make it a personal goal to enforce that rule. The result? About 20 doctor notes on file lol.

davidix

Perhaps if you get a doctors note saying shaving daily irritates your skin. The doctor can determine that shaving can be a detriment to your skins appearance and overall health. I know there's people out there that can't shave at all because they break out in a rash or get severe irritation. It's definitely something you can get a doctor's note for. However I dont know if they'll accept it or not. You can always try right?

Also try to prep your face better before you shave. Maybe try shaving when you shower. Also switch to a single blade razor. Hope it works out.

oldngray

nowhere special
the-best-beards.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not bitching about anything. I'm just trying to learn and ask questions. Because this is what this website is for, your putting stupid comments.
If you think my questions are a joke then just laugh about it, and stop talking :censored2: over the internet. Stop with your bull:censored2:. Be a man!
image.jpeg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
UPS sued for demanding Muslim shave beard

"The man told his supervisor that he was a Muslim and it was against his religious convictions to shave his beard.

The supervisor said it sounded strange to him because there were other Muslims at UPS who had shaved their beards, reiterating the policy was in place so that drivers would look clean and neat and that a beard was unacceptable.

According to the lawsuit, the man explained that there are different interpretations of Islam. He asked if it was possible to grant him an exemption since he had religious reasons and it was not a large beard."

@JL 0513

This is a 5 year old article from Sweden.

First, it does not apppy here.
Second, what was the outcome of the lawsuit?

Just because someone sues somebody doesn't mean they are right.

Brownslave688

This is a 5 year old article from Sweden.

First, it does not apppy here.
Second, what was the outcome of the lawsuit?

Just because someone sues somebody doesn't mean they are right.

The Feds have now sued ups over the same thing.

If Muslims that take a job delivering beer can refuse to deliver the beer under religious freedoms and win their lawsuit I don't think ups stands a chance.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The Feds have now sued ups over the same thing.

If Muslims that take a job delivering beer can refuse to deliver the beer under religious freedoms and win their lawsuit I don't think ups stands a chance.

There is a big difference here. In that case, they had other work that they could have done. In fact, here is the ruling...

"Our investigation revealed that Star could have readily avoided assigning these employees to alcohol delivery without any undue hardship, but chose to force the issue despite the employees' Islamic religion,"

This is like a Muslim wanting a job at a beer distributing company and then refusing to deliver beer. They would lose.

I do understand though that we are in the age of everyone gets a trophy and every religion claims religious freedom and wants the government and employers to bend to their wishes. Damn liberals.

Find a job somewhere else where it doesn't affect your religion.

Brownslave688

There is a big difference here. In that case, they had other work that they could have done. In fact, here is the ruling...

"Our investigation revealed that Star could have readily avoided assigning these employees to alcohol delivery without any undue hardship, but chose to force the issue despite the employees' Islamic religion,"

This is like a Muslim wanting a job at a beer distributing company and then refusing to deliver beer. They would lose.

I do understand though that we are in the age of everyone gets a trophy and every religion claims religious freedom and wants the government and employers to bend to their wishes. Damn liberals.

Find a job somewhere else where it doesn't affect your religion.
That's simply not the law of this land.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's simply not the law of this land.

Yes it is. If those Muslims worked solely at a beer distributing company, they would not have won their lawsuit and would not have got their jobs back.

The beard issue would not impose a hardship on UPS, so they could win it.

Bottom line, if you don't want to shave, don't be a driver at UPS. You know the policy before applying for the job.

Brownslave688

Yes it is. If those Muslims worked solely at a beer distributing company, they would not have won their lawsuit and would not have got their jobs back.

Bottom line, if you don't want to shave, don't be a driver at UPS. You know the policy before applying for the job.
Exactly the opposite. Letting someone grow a beard would not impose a hardship on ups so they will lose all of these lawsuits.

Brownslave688

You know ups already changed their management appearance guidelines?

No longer required to shave.