How do you become a center manager?

Future

Victory Ride
get him tiger

75B8F730-DE72-4CD3-A98C-A3FF7690B7C2.gif

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I've been driving package for 2 years now. We get paid well, (still waiting 2 years for max pay) but I want more if possible. Center managers seem to do well. How do you get there? Or any other career advancement advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks
You are already disqualified being you qualified as a driver the only way you can do it now is if you find a way to get fired.......your goal has to be to show the higher up that you are stupid and incompetent and when that happens you will become a center manager

trickpony1

...sounds an awful lot like...

It does?

Last time I checked, the drivers are the people who provide a service in all kinds of weather conditions and working conditions, working long days and often in unsafe conditions and forsaking their families while the center manager is in a air conditioned office and usually leaves at 5 pm after a long day of "being somebody".

OrionsBitch

Not...
It does?

Last time I checked, the drivers are the people who provide a service in all kinds of weather conditions and working conditions, working long days and often in unsafe conditions and forsaking their families while the center manager is in a air conditioned office and usually leaves at 5 pm after a long day of "being somebody".

We already make 3x the national average.

Navy seals make 45k a year

We make more than cops, nurses, teachers, you name it.

If you don't like it.....leave....or go into management.

OrionsBitch

Not...
I never said I didn't like it :censored2:.

You brought the topic up (post #70), not me.

EDIT: just so you'll know, in some areas cops, nurses and teachers are union.
Anyone being paid with tax dollars shouldn't be allowed to be union. But that's a separate issue.....and I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.

trickpony1

I think you're just wanting to start an argument.

The point I'm trying to make is someone WAY above you sat down at a table with someone WAY above your center manager. They presented proposals, one of which was monetary issues. There was a "give and take" and, at some point, they agreed upon these proposals and presented them to the hourly folks to vote on.

Do you REALLY think UPS would agree to a tentative contract where they didn't make money?

Now that I've typed a big, long post on something you already knew my question is: are you happy?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never said I didn't like it :censored2:.

You brought the topic up (post #70), not me.

EDIT: just so you'll know, in some areas cops, nurses and teachers are union.
Yep... and make as much or more than us... hell, my brother works in utilities and makes more than me as a feeder driver...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I've been driving package for 2 years now. We get paid well, (still waiting 2 years for max pay) but I want more if possible. Center managers seem to do well. How do you get there? Or any other career advancement advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks
1) Get to know a bunch of upper management.
2) Kiss some epic ass.
3) Lie to your superiors about the “smart” decisions you’ve made.
4) Pretend you love working over seeing your family.
5) Wait.
Good luck!
Why in the friend would you take a job in management when they are currently thinning the herd? Smh