How do you become a center manager?

Upsdriver2199

I've been driving package for 2 years now. We get paid well, (still waiting 2 years for max pay) but I want more if possible. Center managers seem to do well. How do you get there? Or any other career advancement advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks

IESucks

I've been driving package for 2 years now. We get paid well, (still waiting 2 years for max pay) but I want more if possible. Center managers seem to do well. How do you get there? Or any other career advancement advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks
You don't get there from asking about it here...ever.

CoolStoryBro

Quit and rehire as a pt preload sup.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What was your major? If you don't have at least a bachelors you have a lot of decisions to start making if you want to go down that path. An MBA would go a long way to getting you there, and maybe even further if you aren't completely incompetent.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You will have to start out as a pt sup, then there will be career development courses/tests you will have to take. I have no idea what a center manager makes, but with all the work and training/education you'd have to put in, and the years you will likely have to wait, it may end up being a wash when compared to a career as a driver, especially if you can get a good feeder run. You could jump through all the hoops just to find yourself stuck in a deadend ors position. To do really well at the job it has to be more than just the money motivating you.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
First, you need to pass the compulsive liar test. Then, you have to learn the art of fudging numbers. Take a class in acting like a human without being one too. Finally, take a sip of the brown koolaid and start believing that cardboard matters more than anything on earth. This is the quickest way I think.....

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
First, you need to pass the compulsive liar test. Then, you have to learn the art of fudging numbers. Take a class in acting like a human without being one too. Finally, take a sip of the brown koolaid and start believing that cardboard matters more than anything on earth. This is the quickest way I think.....
If my original C.M. was any indication, being the DM's personal little suck ass helps too.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
talk tough about firing drivers (but don’t actually do any paperwork or follow up) and suck up to the DM on every call

being a package center manager is probably one of the lowest list items i’d like to do in this company

the only way you can possibly be successful is if you were a dispatcher at one point, and make that like 80% of your focus, the rest being safety compliance

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
kissing a lot of :censored2: