how do you feel about random drug tests?

For me, it's really simple. I don't use illegal drugs(and never have) because I see no reason to. I have never seen a valid reason to fool my mind that the use will make life better. I drink beer because I like the taste, not for the effect.

reality is for those who can't handle drugs.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
For me, it's really simple. I don't use illegal drugs(and never have) because I see no reason to. I have never seen a valid reason to fool my mind that the use will make life better. I drink beer because I like the taste, not for the effect.

reality is for those who can't handle drugs.
But 555, aren't cigs doing the smae thing, in a way? Can you remember life before cigs?

trickpony1

But 555, aren't cigs doing the smae thing, in a way? Can you remember life before cigs?

STUG-
I agree.

Carbon monoxide from the cigarette smoke binds to hemoglobin 4 times greater than oxygen thereby depriving the hemoglobins ability to transport oxygen to ALL your tissues.

Depriving your brain of oxygen also creates a "high" however momentarily.

That's sorta like comparing a tea cup poodle to a bull mastiff.
Smoking cigs have never made me talk like Spicoli or have the desire to eat a twinkie the size of a Volkswagen or drive in an erratic manner. Don't get me wrong, I know full well smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone, but I don't believe they are the major causes of all the health problems "science" claims.
As far as remembering life before sigs, not so clear but that probably has more to do with time than smoking.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's sorta like comparing a tea cup poodle to a bull mastiff.
Smoking cigs have never made me talk like Spicoli or have the desire to eat a twinkie the size of a Volkswagen or drive in an erratic manner. Don't get me wrong, I know full well smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone, but I don't believe they are the major causes of all the health problems "science" claims.
As far as remembering life before sigs, not so clear but that probably has more to do with time than smoking.
But they are still dogs.

I was thinking more along the lines of, do you remember when you didn't have the need for a smoke?

satellitedriver

It can take up to 3 days for the central nervous system to recover from a good drinking spree, irregardless of when you do it.
I have no idea where you got that factoid.
Good thing I have never gone on a good drinking spree.
I prefer a good daily maintenance dose of beer after a long days work.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
True.
Physician heal thyself.

trickpony1

It can take up to 3 days for the central nervous system to recover from a good drinking spree, irregardless of when you do it.

Satellitedriver-
Maybe I know people in the drug and alcohol rehab business.

I never claimed to be a physician or, your words, "....drink more beer than 99% of the members of Brown Cafe...." (something to be really proud of).

It must be wonderful to be so smart.

airbusfxr

Lets see, all UPSCO employees are random tested IAW UPS/FAA Regulations, now I have figured out why several people always question my posts. I thought all UPS employess are drug free but reading the post it seems that only some employees are random tested.

satellitedriver

Satellitedriver-
Maybe I know people in the drug and alcohol rehab business.
I am sure you do, has their counsel helped?

I never claimed to be a physician or, your words, "....drink more beer than 99% of the members of Brown Cafe...." (something to be really proud of).
No prideful boast,just fact.
The point that I was trying to make is that I am flawed, but I never drive dirty.
As to the physician comment, I was speaking of myself, not you.
Please read what I posted.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by trickpony1

True.
Physician heal thyself. : Quote"

It must be wonderful to be so smart.
It is fun to have an IQ that is 4.4 times larger than my belt size, but that does not make me "so smart".