how do you feel about random drug tests?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Please tell them that you are concerned and suggest that they don't smoke & drive. If that does not work then go to the police. I'm sure there is a hot line for this in your area.

Sober, I think Matt has a good idea. Go to them directly, and tell them about your concerns. I would probably be even more direct and tell them that they are risking losing their jobs (probably don't care anyway or they wouldn't be smoking on property) and they need to take it somewhere else. Tell them if they don't you will report it. JMHO

Talking to the stoners in the car is just such a bad idea, I don't know where to start. It won't work, for one, and makes you a target as well.

Go to management in the morning; tell them you are concerned that your car is gonna get dinged by one of the pots smokers in the parking lot when they drive off stoned. Do it with a Union Rep present. Ask them if they would like you to call the cops or should they? Then go to work. Problem will be gone tomorrow. You have a right to a safe work environment - that includes the parking lot.

trickpony1

LTD-
I thought a good union brother didn't rat out another brother.
Perhaps if the smokers were talked to by a union steward (correct spelling) or a BA it would have a more positive effect and might eliminate someone acquiring a criminal record.

What'dyabringmetoday???

LTD-
Perhaps if the smokers were talked to by a union steward (correct spelling) or a BA it would have a more positive effect and might eliminate someone acquiring a criminal record.
I would think that if someone is stupid enough to light up right in the parking lot, they probably do not care if they get a record. Probably have one.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
LTD-
And if this fails...........1-800-___-____

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
LTD-

I was responding to those saying they wanted to go talk to the stoners. If any action is to be taken, that would be the wrong one, and I gave my opinion on action to be taken.

Me? I would take no action at all - just not my business & frankly wouldn't care.

As an aside, and for future reference - I'm not clear on the brother-ratting issue. What level of criminal activity do we allow, and at what point do we do something about it?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I was responding to those saying they wanted to go talk to the stoners. If any action is to be taken, that would be the wrong one, and I gave my opinion on action to be taken.

Me? I would take no action at all - just not my business & frankly wouldn't care.

As an aside, and for future reference - I'm not clear on the brother-ratting issue. What level of criminal activity do we allow, and at what point do we do something about it?
Exactly. If you see a union brother robbing a liquor store, do you keep quiet? The list goes on and on. You make a good point.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Exactly. If you see a union brother robbing a liquor store, do you keep quiet? The list goes on and on. You make a good point.
You both make very good points. I always hear/see people say stuff like, well as long as they don't bother me or it doesn't affect me. Most things that people do, good or bad, affect people.