How do you file a grievance if your Steward is not there?

542thruNthru

You are supposed to be able to file with the new app the teamsters provided in August. I personally haven’t been able to but it gets our local offices attention.
They don't have that yet. Just tips and a grievance notes form.

I would imagine it will be difficult to get either every locals specific grievance form download into the system or a universal form created.

Brownwind

They don't have that yet. Just tips and a grievance notes form.

I would imagine it will be difficult to get either every locals specific grievance form download into the system or a universal form created.
Appreciate the response and the work done for us by our representatives.

Up In Smoke

Have you taken "step 1" by informing management that you have been harmed in some fashion? You can be your own advocate with a witness for this step. Take good notes of the conversation and present to the steward when available.

AKCoverMan

What is the "norm" for filing a grievance if your steward is not there?
Our BA has a fillable online form one for 9.5/8hr grieves and another longer catch all that members can use to make an attestation and request a filed grievance so they can do it without me, but they never seem to have any problems reaching out to me by phone or text with issues.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Stock up on grievance forms.
Someone on my shift always had some.
If you get a bunch of signatures on the form , it is usually the first one to sign that gets the payouts.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Stewards are not really the folks that file the grievances. They are more for acting as a witness and record keeping. With that being said it might be good to get help writing them up the first few times because, at least in my area, the company will single out and even claim some spectre of unprofessional conduct or poor communication on poorly written grievances. It's just the game: they expect a higher chance of success getting these ones thrown out first before tackling ones that are more straightforward.

In most areas I would suspect the most formal way of filing a grievance is in person or over the fax machine.