How do you find out Place and time of panel level hearing? Help

jenltuli

I have a panel level hearing on Monday July, 16th. However, I can't get anyone to tell me where it is at or what time. This is about getting my job back and clearing my name. I have contacted my attorney and he is going to go with me, but like I said my BA is out of town and no one in the local will call me back. The secretary keeps telling me that all she knows is that it is on the 16th. We are down to the wire now. Why won't they tell me a time and a place? I was terminated unjustly and want to clear my name and my employment record! Please help! I know I am new to this site I found it in early June but never posted anything. And now I have been terminated. Unbelievable. I would appreciate any help and will answer any questions you have about my termination. It is just a very long story. Thank you!

Cole

Call the parcel division of the IBT. I don't have the number though. Contact TDU at TDU.org and they can get you the number, and advice etc...

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have a panel level hearing on Monday July, 16th. However, I can't get anyone to tell me where it is at or what time. This is about getting my job back and clearing my name. I have contacted my attorney and he is going to go with me, but like I said my BA is out of town and no one in the local will call me back. The secretary keeps telling me that all she knows is that it is on the 16th. We are down to the wire now. Why won't they tell me a time and a place? I was terminated unjustly and want to clear my name and my employment record! Please help! I know I am new to this site I found it in early June but never posted anything. And now I have been terminated. Unbelievable. I would appreciate any help and will answer any questions you have about my termination. It is just a very long story. Thank you!
You will a certified letter telling you the date, time and place, most likely it will be at your union hall, but you already know this right? You are not allowed an attorney and if you had one worth anything he/she would have informed you of that alreadty. Your attorney is not allowed to represent you for a union-ups related panel hearing. The attorney would come into play after the panel and or arbitration hearing if you felt you had a case either against ups or the teamsters. Im sure your attorney already told you this, if not get a new attorney because the one you got is as dumb as a box of rocks.

jenltuli

So 1st let me say if that is what there supposed to do they don't do that here. I had a grievence in march of '06. Never got any letter certified or regular. Until of course they denied it in SEPT that year stating that the grievence had been dropped at the center hearing. I didn't even know about the center hearing until 10 minutes before it started. I didn't have any of my notes or anything, and let me tell you I never agreed to drop the grievence. 2nd- our local is 3 hours away, and they said that the panel hearing would be here in my town.
My attorney has said that he can go he just can't say anything. Whats the point then right? Although our local does nothing to help us, not even talking to us about what the heck happen. At the center hearing for this one (by the way I had no idea it was even going on until my BA called me back and said he was in town and I went to meet him at the center to get my file then oh by the way today is the center hearing) He did not say one word the whole 2 hour meeting. Hence why I contacted the attorney. I was terminated for falsified records/proven dishonesty. I was completely honest with my center manager. I was having a REALLY bad couple of days(my wife having major surgery) I made an attempted delivery to a business the lady wasn't there I didn't leave a note because her gate was shut it would have blown away. That was a MONday. Tuesday I didn't have the package. It wasn't on my truck. Wed I was on a different route(i'm a cut driver) I get an ods from the center saying the lady wants her package. I was on the other side of town and had a brain fart thinking that I had attempted that day when actually it was Monday. So anyway she made a complaint. And low and behold another guy delivered an hour after they ods'd me about it. My center manager who has never liked me said that I was never there on Monday. I delivered 40 boxes same address different suite that day. Though she was on the end of the building. I didn't sheet it until I was at my next stop. I told him my mistake I didn't leave a note. He says I am lying and was never there. So he pulled my three send agains during his "investigation" from Tuesday. I entered them as NI1 but really I couldn't find the suite numbers they didn't match. Again my mistake I should have call in when I couldn't find the address. I was completely honest never lied about it. He says that was never there although I delivered all the same area. He keeps calling me a liar even though I told him the truth from the first day this started.

Cole

Exactly right your atty. can go but he cannot comment etc...but it can let the union know you're not playing games with them if they are improperly representing you.

Track the pkg on the day it wasn't on your truck, but likely showed up in your edd, and use the info, if it shows something like left in bldg etc...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Exactly right your atty. can go but he cannot comment etc...but it can let the union know you're not playing games with them if they are improperly representing you.

Track the pkg on the day it wasn't on your truck, but likely showed up in your edd, and use the info, if it shows something like left in bldg etc...
We dont allow attorneys in the hearings here at all, if they like they can sit in the waiting area, but will not witness the hearings at all.

705red

Browncafe Steward
So 1st let me say if that is what there supposed to do they don't do that here. I had a grievence in march of '06. Never got any letter certified or regular. Until of course they denied it in SEPT that year stating that the grievence had been dropped at the center hearing. I didn't even know about the center hearing until 10 minutes before it started. I didn't have any of my notes or anything, and let me tell you I never agreed to drop the grievence. 2nd- our local is 3 hours away, and they said that the panel hearing would be here in my town.
My attorney has said that he can go he just can't say anything. Whats the point then right? Although our local does nothing to help us, not even talking to us about what the heck happen. At the center hearing for this one (by the way I had no idea it was even going on until my BA called me back and said he was in town and I went to meet him at the center to get my file then oh by the way today is the center hearing) He did not say one word the whole 2 hour meeting. Hence why I contacted the attorney. I was terminated for falsified records/proven dishonesty. I was completely honest with my center manager. I was having a REALLY bad couple of days(my wife having major surgery) I made an attempted delivery to a business the lady wasn't there I didn't leave a note because her gate was shut it would have blown away. That was a MONday. Tuesday I didn't have the package. It wasn't on my truck. Wed I was on a different route(i'm a cut driver) I get an ods from the center saying the lady wants her package. I was on the other side of town and had a brain fart thinking that I had attempted that day when actually it was Monday. So anyway she made a complaint. And low and behold another guy delivered an hour after they ods'd me about it. My center manager who has never liked me said that I was never there on Monday. I delivered 40 boxes same address different suite that day. Though she was on the end of the building. I didn't sheet it until I was at my next stop. I told him my mistake I didn't leave a note. He says I am lying and was never there. So he pulled my three send agains during his "investigation" from Tuesday. I entered them as NI1 but really I couldn't find the suite numbers they didn't match. Again my mistake I should have call in when I couldn't find the address. I was completely honest never lied about it. He says that was never there although I delivered all the same area. He keeps calling me a liar even though I told him the truth from the first day this started.

I dont see were ups has a case in this for dishonesty, you attempted it she wasnt there on monday thats not being dishonest. Is your gps active yet? Ifso and your being honest have him pull it up. I feel you will be back to work, now it comes down to the back pay and discipline that should have been handed out. Please keep us informed of the progress of your case. Pm your state and local and see if i can help.

Cole

First get on the phone and call you local, and talk to the Pres. of your local, and tell him what's going on, and how you have been represented, and prehaps he get on your ba. If your ba is there you can ask the pres to have both the ba and himself talk to you. Stay on them, and don't be submissive to them, but cordial, and professional, but stern! If others have had the same problems have them call the local, and fire off on the Pres, and send letters, also request a sit down the Pres of the local, and air your complaints in unison!

jenltuli

gps is not active here yet. I left 4 messages with union I can't get anyone to call me back. Also does anyone know who sends out our insurance papers? I was terminated on 6/26 And cannot be without insurance shouldn't those papers be here by now? I have never been fired from a job before. My wife has bad health right now and we can't be without insurance, but I don't know who to call or contact. This is a nightmare

705red

Browncafe Steward
gps is not active here yet. I left 4 messages with union I can't get anyone to call me back. Also does anyone know who sends out our insurance papers? I was terminated on 6/26 And cannot be without insurance shouldn't those papers be here by now? I have never been fired from a job before. My wife has bad health right now and we can't be without insurance, but I don't know who to call or contact. This is a nightmare
Your insurance should be active through your panel hearing. Call during normal businees hours and ask them to speak to someone that you will not leave another message. Like cole said akg for the sec/tres or president, at least another ups agent if your agent is on vacation.

jenltuli

Update: Right before 500 the office secretary called me back she said told me where the meeting will be held but now all of a sudden it is on Wed the 18th when the only info I had all along was Monday the 16th. So she said it is at noon at a hotel conference room. Question: Should I trust this new date. I am confused as to why now it is on the 18th? When the only info I had that my ba gave me was the 16th? Should I trust this?

I don't need to worry about ins until after the hearing? Thanks guys for helping me out, I appreciate it I am extremely stressed right now.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Update: Right before 500 the office secretary called me back she said told me where the meeting will be held but now all of a sudden it is on Wed the 18th when the only info I had all along was Monday the 16th. So she said it is at noon at a hotel conference room. Question: Should I trust this new date. I am confused as to why now it is on the 18th? When the only info I had that my ba gave me was the 16th? Should I trust this?

I don't need to worry about ins until after the hearing? Thanks guys for helping me out, I appreciate it I am extremely stressed right now.
We have been there one way or another at one point of our career. Did she call from the union office? What did caller id say? Good luck at your hearing!

Cole

Call for your agent or other UPS agent, if none are available, specifically request to speak to the Pres, and tell them the situation, and ask for it in writing, then make it clear the poor communication is unacceptable.

jenltuli

what is my edd? Also I have a print out that is for the 19th and it is the tracking number that matches the package but I am not sure what the heck it means it says an upload time and a stored date and time....under the main title of diad detail. See I have only been driving since Sept and most of the time on call until the end of May I started working almost full time.....Now terminated......

Cole

EDD is the system where yu get the info that goes in the diad, that tells you what stops you have etc...

Get the tracking number and go to UPS.com and track the pkg and see the diposition on the day in question, because often they will hide the fact that it was missed on their end etc...On call is bs, because they have to give you proper time for start time change etc...not to mention contractual voluntary lay off, meaning a sen. driver can go home, and let jr drivers work etc...

And low and behold another guy delivered an hour after they ods'd me about it.
the same pkg?

Sometimes they will seek someone in a vulnerable situation, and get them on a bogus charge hoping they will accept the time as suspension served w/out backpay, even though they know they would lose the case at panel. Because the vulnerability, such as needing benefits. We had a highly bogus situation where a driver was in bad financial problems and they came up w/ bogus charges and no doubt would have lost at panel, but the panle was 2-3 months away, and the driver caved, and accepted the bogus charges because "he couldn't afford to sit out". Well we would have supported him throught that time, be he chose to take the suspension, and it will stick on your record/file, and in his case, would make it easy for them to fire him.

If you're right fight it!

jenltuli

I have to fight this they are calling me a liar. I am not a liar. I tracked the package and on the 19th it doesn't say anything. The 18th it shows my attempt, the 19th shows nothing, then the 20th shows delivered. The day I attempted was the 18th. They didn't even mention the 19th, they have printouts for 18th and 20th. Nothing about the 19th. The lady called the complaint in on 20th. I was on different route. And it was delivered by different driver. But then they pulled my send agains from the 20th. 3 packages. I could not find the address, I told the center manager and my sup, but I did not call in to the center so I didn't follow procedure my mistake, but I was NOT dishonest. My center manager does not like me never has.

Cole

Push the issue on the 19th, and look it up. Document what you find, and take that to the panel. That's bogus, so fight for full backpay. It has to have something from the 19th.

DS

Fenderbender
I told the center manager and my sup, but I did not call in to the center so I didn't follow procedure my mistake, but I was NOT dishonest. My center manager does not like me never has.
I've seen this scenario so many times.
The ctr mngr decides to fire you.He can do that.He drives a BMW.
He sees you with your bad attitude and your hyundai and decides to play god.Sad thing is,by the time your case rolls around,he will either be relocated or like yourself terminated,and there will be a new center manager sitting in on your hearing.
From what I've seen 5 out of 10 times,the driver will get paid for his time off.Mind you this is straight time,if you want to include overtime
you would have made,thats another story.Usually they will offer you
your job back with NO back pay.The original center manager has saved UPS
about $60,000 for the year you were off.This sounds drummed up to me
and if it is,you have no worries.good luck man...