How does the driver helper rate work in the bay area?

blue741

Here's how I think it works:

We're paid at top driver rate. We also get the driver rate for the time we've worked at the hub that day. Overtime starts at 8 hours. So if I did 4 hours at the hub, overtime starts after 4 hours on the road.

Is that right?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

We're paid at top driver rate. We also get the driver rate for the time we've worked at the hub that day. Overtime starts at 8 hours. So if I did 4 hours at the hub, overtime starts after 4 hours on the road.

Is that right?
Check your local supplement.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Is that right?
Yea, we get top rate when it's off-peak. I went through my paycheck and what I wrote in the OP is correct.

What's your question?

fres431

NorCal supplement non peak helpers are to get top rate for driver helpers. Helpers do not need any certain amount of time off between shifts like pt cover drivers need 10hrs. Inside helpers from nov 1 to jan 31 to be paid 15.20 this year and in 2015. Off street helpers to be paid at 8.75 with ot kicking in at 5hours. 50% of helpers need to come from part timers during peak non peak all helpers need to come from part timers.

fres431

That's correct top driver pay..it's most likely cuz they short drivers and are putting hurt weight restricted drivers on truck with route knowledge to drive while the helper does all the physical lifting

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's correct top driver pay..it's most likely cuz they short drivers and are putting hurt weight restricted drivers on truck with route knowledge to drive while the helper does all the physical lifting
Good freakin deal dude, I aint hatin on that lmfao.