How does your center operate?

HeyNowBrownCow

Your poor planning is not my issue.
Brownslave...... no but they tried to get me to cross over to the dark side and I'm trying to get some advice on how to work smarter and safer and do it without getting that lobotomy I have scheduled for Tuesday.

We ARE "team-sters" right? I'm not saying I want to be on team UPS.... but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to suggest the brother/sisterhood can work as a team. If not, the supes and mgmt win.... guys quit and the hard working experienced folks who deserve good hard workers lose.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Use commonsense son. You don't want that trucked bulked out from front to back til the end of shift. How you going to load something to the front of the truck if your already brickrd out already? Answer is you cant. Object is to get all the smaller stuff in first then the Godzilla sized shiznitt goes in last dogg. When your loading shelves for example you wanna go all the way to the roof and not be able to stick your hands between any boxes at all, not even a finger. You wanna use every last inch of that truck like your life depends on it. If you follow this rule you will see how much more easier it is and the less you will have stacked out of the truck. Yeah I know I should be a loader trainer lol

wayfair

swollen member
Brownslave...... no but they tried to get me to cross over to the dark side and I'm trying to get some advice on how to work smarter and safer and do it without getting that lobotomy I have scheduled for Tuesday.

We ARE "team-sters" right? I'm not saying I want to be on team UPS.... but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to suggest the brother/sisterhood can work as a team. If not, the supes and mgmt win.... guys quit and the hard working experienced folks who deserve good hard workers lose.

remember, you are working for your driver, not your supe... if the driver has a hard time working your load, you both fail.... cuz I'm gonna blame the load for my performance, well that and dispatch for screwing me... lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 8.jpg This is what your looking to do, of course every trucks scenario is didderent. But you get the general idea.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No ORION yet. They came to our center and checked things out and they told them it wouldn't work because of how much distance we ride in our center, how they bust out routes so regularly, and the 32,000,000,000,000 plans the knucklehead idiots have. So they said they would be back in 2 years lol. My money is on no ORION ever. That's how bad our center is jacked on a regular basis. 60 to 75 routes go out regularly and easily see 125 to 250 miles a day on some routes. :crazy:

HeyNowBrownCow

This was a truck (with 2 others the same) I was handed Dec 17 at 6:30am.
You, sir are my hero! I haven't seen any trucks in my center loaded as well as yours!
Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!

"Expect the unexpected in the kingdom of madness!"- Randy Savage
Holy crap..... ironically, UPS stole (only) half that quote for the safety tip of the day last month.

HeyNowBrownCow

HIN, PAL..... ours aren't called either but we do have the labels.... I just forget what they're called. right now.
I also don't see any crayon numbers on the boxes.... which we're told to do on every box. That surely slows us down at rush time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That stuff is a waste of time. Like I said their not going to train the loaders how to load correctly anyway. You basically have to train yourself to be totally honest with ya. The way they train the loaders is done incorrectly and does not work. Im a driver by the way lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Doesn't matter because the dispatches are changed everyday, the dol is different everyday, the edd is jacked in the wrong order everyday. They set you up for failure everyday unless you take the initiative to do the job the correct way everyday. Don't worry about being successful as a loader because you will fail. They don't care, its all about screwing the driver as much as they can everyday, and it doesn't matter that they screw up everything everyday and send us out with the problems they create, we drivers have to fix their idiotic problems and failures everyday, while still getting the blame for their mistakes. Simple as that.

HeyNowBrownCow

Oh no, that wasn't a loaded truck, that was an abandoned truck that the super took an hour to figure out the guy walked off the job.... so he ran and got me to sort it out.
The sup said, "you take this one and I'll clean up the other one... we'll get these sorted out together."..... THEN as I was totally cleaned up on the one, he moved me to truck 2 and he went in the clean truck and started peeping mis-loads. I realized he hadn't done a damn thing on "his" truck nor the other truck... chatting and joking with the other loaders.
I had all three cleaned up (as best I could) when the drivers came in. Those trucks were so loaded there was not an inch in the aisle from floor to roof. It was madness!..... BUT I only had 2 mis-loads in 3 trucks on Day 4 of working there. (Not bragging but I think that's good...... at least during the Xmas madness).
I took the photo bc being new I couldn't believe the sup would leave such a safety hazard and wanted to cover my as$ in case I or someone got hurt. I didn't want to be blamed for the mess or safety hazard when I was handed this mess to start.
On day one, one of the center guys who's been there for 10 years told me Cover Your As$, work safe bc IF/when you get injured you will be blamed for it.

HeyNowBrownCow

They set you up for failure everyday unless you take the initiative to do the job the correct way everyday. Don't worry about being successful as a loader because you will fail. They don't care, its all about screwing the driver
I was gonna say you'd hate my center bc they leave the mess to the drivers daily.... but I guess thats SOP for UPS huh.
Sadly enough, the loaders bust their butts to do the right thing, efficiently but the late start times for preload set up the drivers to have to work the belt and cleanup their trucks before they roll. AND, it seems the sups purposefully don't want a loader to get to know their drivers. Maybe it's new loaders and new drivers.... so both get screwed. But it ain't right.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I wasn't trying to be hard on ya youngblood, because you sound like you are consciountess about your work ethic. But truth be told if you don't self teach yourself how to be a good loader you will fail because they don't train you guys right. If you want to be a great loader the LOADER JEDI is bleedbrown58. She is outstanding and pretty much self taught cause shes smart and has commonsense and a real good problem solver. Gotta give her props cause props she deserves lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I never say a negative word to my loader cause im not a :censored2: lol. I understand the game and the loader will never be successful unless they self teach themselves. But did you see and take notes of what I was trying to kinda teach ya on the load quality and tools you should use?