"How far do you walk...

dcdriver

nations capital
The most walking I did was as a cover driver. Del to Pentagon. Was told you walk over 10 miles a day inside to deliver. Then UPS got electric golf cart vehicle that was painted brown to deliver inside of Pentagon. Post 911 they come pickup packages from UPS.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
The most walking I did was as a cover driver. Del to Pentagon. Was told you walk over 10 miles a day inside to deliver. Then UPS got electric golf cart vehicle that was painted brown to deliver inside of Pentagon. Post 911 they come pickup packages from UPS.
Damn, there's this one government building here in Tallahassee that I thought had a lot of walking involved, I can't imagine at the Pentagon. At least now they're still shipping with UPS but saving us time by picking up their own packages!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I used a pedometer once for about a week. I was saddened to find out that my wife, who sits at a desk answering phones all day, accumulated more steps than I do. I do a lot of drive up to the door stops.

You're lugging freight, she's carrying a cup of coffee. You win.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
Gosh,so funny I just s--t myself. Oh wait,our pants are always this brown.
Let me know if you need a hand lifting that over 70. I had a nice leisurely 9.5 hour first day of peak so I have some energy to spare.
We we were so slammed today, I actually got to, wait get this, NOT drive, but be a driver helper instead! They only sent out the driver I was helping with 230 stops... But they just COULDN'T add another route! Gotta make the numbers!! :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: drives me insane. Oh wait, did I mention he got back to the building at 20:45, and THEN had to take his lunch? Such a great dispatch.

Big Babooba

I have a country run. I was talking to a cover driver today. He told me that when he does my route, he won't walk up any driveways no matter how short. He said that he's afraid of something dragging him off and eating him!:happy-very: