How gnarly is your hub’s restroom?

35years

Gravy route
Our Muslim part timers have to purify before praying 5 times a day. The toilet stalls including floor and toilet are covered with toilet paper when they are done. They even wash thier feet in the toilet.

I don't care about thier rituals. They can do what they want. BUT CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Our Muslim part timers have to purify before praying 5 times a day. The toilet stalls including floor and toilet are covered with toilet paper when they are done. They even wash thier feet in the toilet.

I don't care about thier rituals. They can do what they want. BUT CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!
In that filth

rentadawg

0B56E4D9-E747-4AA6-9755-566FE907A6EB.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMO Our Plant Engineering Dept is very poorly run.

In our area filing a grievance on restroom sanitary conditions was always viewed as ratting out the porters.

Porters do have too much area to cover to do their job correctly but unfortunately I have observed that it seems most porters don’t want to work.

Several years ago this issue was brought up and the PE Supervisor’s answer to a shop steward at the time was “we are not hiring more porters. We don’t need another 10 guys standing around doing nothing.”

Nice management.

The porters do make sure the important management offices are spotless though.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
To all you whiners, try handing your porter a card with $50 in it. Might make a difference.
I don't think so. The whiners always do things like making sure trash makes it into the waste receptacle. It's the slobs that trash the place. The trash bin in a few feet wide but they never seem to find it.

Another problem is hangers. There is a nice hanger rack but slobs just toss em' on the floor? Why?

DriverNerd

Be sure to carry some tp in your truck so you don’t have to use your underwear to wipe your arse.
This is good advice even if you do city deliveries. I always carry TP with me in my bag because even if some office building has really nice restrooms, they still use sandpaper for toilet paper.

ski or die

Ski or Die
It's better to start off with a grievance.... just to establish a paper trail for OSHA.

And it's literally on pg. 15 of the Master language.

ARTICLE 5. SANITARY CONDITIONS

"The Employer agrees to maintain a clean, sanitary washroom having hot and cold running water with toilet facilities in all present and future buildings."

Come on people....
We had similar problems with ours. I would go to the feeders to use restroom. Never number 2 on public restroom. I was a steward so I approached our manager as well as maintenance. Both refused to address the problem. The toilets were stopped up completely and overflowing everyday. So I filed a grievance using Article 5. So sitting around the table at grievance hearing and listening to management claiming there wasn't a problem, I presented photos of the disgusting evidence. Was grilled how I got the pictures. Refused to tell them. After that, our restrooms were always clean, and when maintenance employees had a grievance, they would request me to talk to their management who would always be very co-operative.

ski or die

Ski or Die
To all you whiners, try handing your porter a card with $50 in it. Might make a difference.
It's not really the porters fault. Sure they are responsible for cleaning the facilities, but at the start of every morning, our restrooms were a trashed. The hub employees were deliberately stuffing rolls of toilet paper in toilets and then flushing and flooding restrooms.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's not really the porters fault. Sure they are responsible for cleaning the facilities, but at the start of every morning, our restrooms were a trashed. The hub employees were deliberately stuffing rolls of toilet paper in toilets and then flushing and flooding restrooms.
Agreed. When I was in porters I noticed the same thing. Someone would line the crapper seat with a pound of paper before they sat down and then try to flush it all down when done.

BrownStains

There was one time many years ago at my old building I had to go bad when I got back to the building. I blew it out and the toilet clogged with crap and water up to the brim . I just left it . I know it was terrible but what was I going to do ?I wasn’t going to ask around for a plunger