How is the job security for a UPS driver now and into the future?

upser92

I think with gas prices going up online purchases will only grow. I know personally it's cheaper to just buy online and pay a $5 shipping charge than pay $7 to go to the mall, walk around, and then get hungry from walking around and spend another $8 on food. Also at my hub seems like most drivers are old, so us younger guys will have to come in soon

U

uber

Well, I ahve been at UPS going on my 5th year this summer. Driving 2.5 yrs, And I am already at the walking stage..........

Wait, so you don't know what its like to actually stay in the hub for years making crappy pay. I have more seniority than you and I still haven't got a driving job. No wonder you have no respect for the garbage pay that PT'ers endure in the wait of that 'elusive' driving job.

^ That is in reference to you and Southwestern's debates.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wait, so you don't know what its like to actually stay in the hub for years making crappy pay. I have more seniority than you and I still haven't got a driving job. No wonder you have no respect for the garbage pay that PT'ers endure in the wait of that 'elusive' driving job.

I hear you zags, I waited 8 yrs. Now I wish I had not ever got it. It was not bad for 10 yrs, but now it absolutely sucks the big one.
I was a pt sup what a joke, I worked more than the ft guys. Back then we didnt get paid. I worked for years thinking my hard work would pay off, I was sucked into the story. At a very late age 30 something I got to go ft.
/There are few days I dont regret the path I took.

kingOFchester

2.5 years, working part-time at ups while holding a full-time job working 70 hours a week.....yea I know what it is like. 2 and a half years certainly gives you a taste of what it is like to work part time. I understand that I am VERY lucky to be full time. Even won a bid trip this week. I wish you luck in going full time. But to say that I don't know what it is like is a little absurd.