How long before they take dues out?

SLW

I signed my union paperwork in May and still haven't seen anything. Is that normal? Not that I'm super eager to have less money.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does the Union still give out paper monthly receipts? They used to just leave all of ours by the time clock. Save 30 years worth of them and get your ticket punched

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Does the Union still give out paper monthly receipts? They used to just leave all of ours by the time clock. Save 30 years worth of them and get your ticket punched

I used to tell the preloaders If they took those to Burger King they’d get a free whopper

had one of the dumber ones try it he was mad as hell he couldn’t get a free whopper with his dues receipt

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to tell the preloaders If they took those to Burger King they’d get a free whopper

had one of the dumber ones try it he was mad as hell he couldn’t get a free whopper with his dues receipt
That's hilarious. I wish I would have done that when I was working. :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
You might be able to get them if you go to the union hall. They used to staple them to your paychecks. Then when everyone started getting direct deposit the steward would bring a big box of them from the union hall every few months.

SLW

It's not normal, I would give them a call.
Give who a call?
Please don't say one of my shop stewards. They only work EAM and do not answer their phones. Figuring out how to join and getting my paperwork signed was absurdly difficult, I'm not looking forward to whatever insane leg and detective work I'm going to have to do now.

babboo25

Banned
I signed my union paperwork in May and still haven't seen anything. Is that normal? Not that I'm super eager to have less money.
Not your problem so don’t worry about it, they can’t retro union dues they screwed up on, if they do contact the NLRB.

babboo25

Banned
Uh what?

Where does it say a local union can not collect union dues that were owed to them? What ULP would you file?
It happened to 3 of our new drivers last year, union tried collecting over 1 year of dues they screwed up on. Filed grievance and contacted NLRB, they won.

SLW

I don't mind paying back dues, considering they said I was protected as soon as I signed the paperwork; however, I'd prefer that it doesn't take a year so it doesn't come out of nowhere and eat up an entire paycheck or something

Yolo

Well hopefully your local is competent. Ask the guy next to you. He should know who your union rep is. Our union rep makes a point to introduce himself to all the new guys.