how long did it take you to drive?

Driver7906

I went driving less than a year after I started preload. It then took me eleven years to get up into feeder.

They’re moving part timers into driving pretty fast in my building but it’s harder and takes longer to go full-time than it used to.

boxdust

Took me 2 years in the building before I got to drive package, and 2 more to go feeder. Right now we are working people in the hub for a few weeks and then they can drive PKG. And as soon as they have a year of safe driving they can go to feeder. Full time management is worse. My onroad sup worked as a seasonal driver and was offered a ors job

Sdbrowntown

Amazon woman
They asked me in my first week of preloading. I drove for months as a seasonal. They posted FT bid, some other night loader took it (even though I had been driving and he had shown ZERO interest). 1 week later, a new bid was posted and I’ve been driving ever since.

flappybutt

They asked me every year once I started preloading. Funny for me because I was underage and wanted to see how long it took them to find out I wasn't 21.

rustys954rr

8 years...and I thought I got away with something. Up until about the year I was hired the wait was around 15 for any full time position.

Total package

We can rebuild him
Took me 11 years, you used to have to go through the employment comission just to get an interview. Now, here it only takes a year or two and they’re recruiting for new hires at prisons and nursing homes

4yrs preload then quit and came back after a year, 2nd time around i work 3.5 years local sort then march of 2015 i started to drive for as a cover driver and went full time december 22, the same year. but now we just had a driver his 30days in like march and went full time in april..

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I've only been a driver at UPS. Originally hired FT seasonal driver through peak. Laid off a couple weeks, rehired as PT driver, EAM for 2 months. Then made FT driver, 2 years of progression so far.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hired in '76 P/t, in '86 was first Exception Air Driver, during the early 90's ran bulk loads to Convention Centers classified still as Air Driver, had my own expense account to pay for miles driven in personal vehicles and toll charges, ran Internationals on Saturdays long before Sat Air started, took a combo job in '99 ( inside / Sat air ) until 2008, took a inside/inside combo, but manager thought that his replacement air drivers were bad drivers and keep me on the road all the time ( at my higher inside rate ), when an on road driver had an incident I was told to cover the route for the rest of the day. One time I ran into the District manager who asked who I worked for, I said the name of the office clerk who always called me to run off miss loads between drivers. Foolish concept , I'd spend hours chasing down drivers and many times I would have to drive right by the address on the parcels.