How long did it take you to get hired at UPS after your interview?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was pretty much told I had the job after my interview. They wanted me to work at the airport though and I didn't want those hours. So preload it was about a week later.

kizzy

How sad is it that ups is hiring PT sups off the street
well I have experience, the interviewer said no one wanted the position because they have jobs they go to after work, mainly farmers and they get the best health insurance through the union. as pt sups do not receive as good of benefits, or it costs them more to attain the same level of benefits

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
well I have experience, the interviewer said no one wanted the position because they have jobs they go to after work, mainly farmers and they get the best health insurance through the union. as pt sups do not receive as good of benefits, or it costs them more to attain the same level of benefits
Do they give pt sups a KY allowance? They really should....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They have to use Crisco.
fvUG-v8A-1.jpeg

ikoi62

The last 2 people i saw hired off the street as PT supervisors had no clue as to how things worked,the were abusive to the people they were in charge of. They harassed everyone because they were told to meet these numbers and didn't have a clue as to how to make them except to threaten peoples jobs. 1 was let go after 6 months and countless grievances the other was promoted to FT on car in less then a year within 4 years he was a center manager he was fired for fixing numbers...that's why its sad.

oldngray

nowhere special
The last 2 people i saw hired off the street as PT supervisors had no clue as to how things worked,the were abusive to the people they were in charge of. They harassed everyone because they were told to meet these numbers and didn't have a clue as to how to make them except to threaten peoples jobs. 1 was let go after 6 months and countless grievances the other was promoted to FT on car in less then a year within 4 years he was a center manager he was fired for fixing numbers...that's why its sad.

Exactly the reason PT sups get no respect from both hourly and other management.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No one wants the position because it's a mindless exercise in futility. You are essentially the center manager's buddy* and will be blamed for everything that goes wrong on your belt...even if it's not your fault. I barely acknowledge my pt sup's existence, let alone do what he says. My favorite game, is when asked do more work...example...bb58 go down to 7 and load those 2 extra trucks..I say okay sure, and then "forget"to do it. Requiring my pt sup to ask me several more times. It's not insubordination as long as I don't refuse to listen...lol.

kizzy

No one wants the position because it's a mindless exercise in futility. You are essentially the center manager's buddy* and will be blamed for everything that goes wrong on your belt...even if it's not your fault. I barely acknowledge my pt sup's existence, let alone do what he says. My favorite game, is when asked do more work...example...bb58 go down to 7 and load those 2 extra trucks..I say okay sure, and then "forget"to do it. Requiring my pt sup to ask me several more times. It's not insubordination as long as I don't refuse to listen...lol.
why dont you like your pt sup?