How long did it take you to get your route

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OP, as you can see, it varies...

In my state, I knew of a seasonal driver that went to full-time, right away...Monday to Friday driver last peak. Usually, they give the newbies the new Tuesday to Saturday workweek, but he made a good impression.

More likely, he was the lucky "one to six" outside hire since he told me nobody on the inside wanted to become a driver.

Drives a tight 60-70 mile route while I'm still driving around his rural neighborhood when he gets home for the day (165-185 miles currently)

RuthlessSupSlayer

9 months inside for me to win a bid as a full time driver but i do not have a route. But again right place at the right time...i got lucky as Es H Eye tee

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Just trying to make a decision as to if I want to start as a seasonal driver and work my way up the seniority ladder toward obtaining a route, if you don't mind giving me some ideas of how long it took you to get your route and the area you are in so I can get some ideas.
17 yr wait just to bid a junk route here. Small center full of old guys that started in the early 80's. I was hired just after the initial start-up. Not the best cards I've been dealt, but I made the best of it. Lots of old guys to teach me how to survive this place.

Indecisi0n

17 yr wait just to bid a junk route here. Small center full of old guys that started in the early 80's. I was hired just after the initial start-up. Not the best cards I've been dealt, but I made the best of it. Lots of old guys to teach me how to survive this place.
This place is filled with old people.

MzTeaze

My advise - I'm from the 177 too. If you really want a permanent FT job, don't limit yourself to union (driver) jobs. Take the time to check the admin/tech jobs on UPSers.com. Not all jobs require a lot of experience.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
My center looks like a Life Alert commercial.

IMG_0662.JPG

K evers

Hired off strreet as preload. During interview asked if i wanted to drive. Week later school. Preload work in between and 2 weeks after school got my route. Im now in 3rd day of supervised delivering. They said it was because i was very enthusiastic about job and put in so many hours of cbt everyday and did good at school. I was first taking out for practice delivering even before senior. preload employees. Just make the effort, show eagerness. Its alot of work. But just keep trying one day at a time. They have already said after xmas i will be on same route. We also have a few drivers retiring

Faceplanted

Hired off strreet as preload. During interview asked if i wanted to drive. Week later school. Preload work in between and 2 weeks after school got my route. Im now in 3rd day of supervised delivering. They said it was because i was very enthusiastic about job and put in so many hours of cbt everyday and did good at school. I was first taking out for practice delivering even before senior. preload employees. Just make the effort, show eagerness. Its alot of work. But just keep trying one day at a time. They have already said after xmas i will be on same route. We also have a few drivers retiring
Bs

Ups works on seniority concerning driving, doesn't matter how much lunch you skip and how under allowed you run.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Boy are you in for a surprise...but first let me just say, you have no route you're trainee during peak season. Be lucky to have a job never mind your own route.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Just trying to make a decision as to if I want to start as a seasonal driver and work my way up the seniority ladder toward obtaining a route, if you don't mind giving me some ideas of how long it took you to get your route and the area you are in so I can get some ideas.
Stay Cover More Flexability