How long did it take you to go full time?

code5

Hi everyone. Its my 1st post. I'm from Canada. I was hired fulltime - sort of. There was 12 people in my orientation for 2 part-time jobs.
Halfway through, a fulltimer quit and we were told one of us would get fulltime.
13 years later, here I am.

huskervi

I couldve had a drivers job after 3 years, but didnt put my name on the list because I friend#cked up and got a DUI. They hired a kid who had less than a year. Guess it worked out for the best later that year I had a seizure =, and well if that wouldve happened when I was driving well I might not be here today. I wish I could get a combo, but theres poeple with 4 years time more than I have who cant get one.

brett636

part-time for 6 years 5 months before getting a 22.3 combo job. Thats rather quick for my hub as there are guys with 11 years just now going fulltime combo.

brett636

This is depressing.

Im only 2 1/2 years in..... no full time in sight for me for a long time.

Depending upon your facility this may be true. Although the one thing that helped me get fulltime so much quicker than most of my peers is I had a clean driving record and knew how to drive stick. Its amazing to me how many people deny themselves a fulltime job simply because of those two issues.

7 years total........2 years preloading in 4 centers....5 years pt sup in 4 centers on 2 different shifts....finally got a cake driving job.

SmithBarney

6mos, went full time... 2yrs later I moved.
They are calling me to see if I want to come back to full time..(6mos since I moved)

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
6mos, went full time... 2yrs later I moved.
They are calling me to see if I want to come back to full time..(6mos since I moved)

Are they calling you for wherever you went, Fredly? Or are you getting calls from the Rocky Mountain District looking for you? Considering a thread you started, looking for information about a locale I say :w00t::w00t::w00t: and :lol::lol::lol:. Good luck getting back with UPS. -Rocky

10 2 GO

10 yrs as a casual (No paid sick/rover days).10 full time. Only good thing is time is credited as full time toward pension.

SmithBarney

Are they calling you for wherever you went, Fredly? Or are you getting calls from the Rocky Mountain District looking for you? Considering a thread you started, looking for information about a locale I say :w00t::w00t::w00t: and :lol::lol::lol:. Good luck getting back with UPS. -Rocky

Calling me from where I left.. (I'm still in the west.. we are entertaining lots of possibilities)
although I was called sorta "locally" but I turned it down, my wife is attending grad school
and once that gets underway we will make more concrete decisions, for now FedEx is
the best option as they actually allow transfers..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Back in the seventies, it took from five to seven years for a PTer to bid into FT Package. We have one guy now that worked one week in the Hub, was asked if he wanted to sign a Cover Driver bid, and he was in Driving School one week later. I'm sure that it all depends on where you are located at, some have no waiting or a wait of several years.

Fishbulb

right off the bat for me. was hired 4 years ago during peak & they were only gonna keep 1 of us. came down to me & another guy who probably would have beaten me out for the job but he got into an accident & didnt report it. Lucky me..... I suppose :p I did however work at another hub for 2 years inside doing irregs & the sort aisle but that was almost 10 years ago.

Overpaid Union Thug

I, along with several other part-time cover drivers in my center, have been averaging over 40 hours/week for over a year but I'm still part-time. LOL! Gotta love UPS. Half our routes are always in the red and sups are running routes. It's happening in just about every building in our district but no full-timers have been added yet. Hmmmm......