How long does it take to hear about interview job?

Swngdrvr

I've been on workers comp for over 2 years now. Finally got released from my doctor in April, but with restrictions that keep me from going back on the road. I applied for a position in dispatch and turned in the supplemental application last Friday. It was due by 5pm Monday. I have yet to hear anything, not sure if I should be worried. How long does it usually take to hear something? I was told I had priority for the position since I'm displaced and it's a lateral move from swing driver.

Only asking because it seems like they would want the position filled quickly, and it's been a few weeks since the posting closed already. Thanks for the help.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've been on workers comp for over 2 years now. Finally got released from my doctor in April, but with restrictions that keep me from going back on the road. I applied for a position in dispatch and turned in the supplemental application last Friday. It was due by 5pm Monday. I have yet to hear anything, not sure if I should be worried. How long does it usually take to hear something? I was told I had priority for the position since I'm displaced and it's a lateral move from swing driver.

Only asking because it seems like they would want the position filled quickly, and it's been a few weeks since the posting closed already. Thanks for the help.
They first have to make sure that no Managing Directors children, or other relatives, or the Senior Manager's drinking buddies nephew, or the interviewing manager latest 'hot' interest, isn't overlooked in the process. Once that field is eliminated, then you will be vetted to make sure your personality fits within the 'environment' of dispatch.

Piece of cake.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

should take 2 hours

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Nothing moves quickly at FedEx except the packages and a firing.

there is still a panel interview, you are not ahead of anyone just because of workers comp. displacement etc. if you could still drive you would have first pick of anything you wanted. hope you filled out the supplemental completely as it is scored. if you don't have enough points you wont get a interview. that being said you should hear something soon unless the hiring manager is on vacation or something....good luck

Swngdrvr

there is still a panel interview, you are not ahead of anyone just because of workers comp. displacement etc. if you could still drive you would have first pick of anything you wanted. hope you filled out the supplemental completely as it is scored. if you don't have enough points you wont get a interview.

Just wanted to clarify this. I found out that policy states displaced individuals, as long as they are making a lateral move or below, are guaranteed an interview and are guaranteed an offer as long as they pass the interview. I got my offer a few days ago.