How long should I expect?

brownieworker

It was a simple question from a junior employee wondering if she should stick around. What's with the smartass replies? In a nutshell, women amount to maybe 5% of the full time labor. I was told it would be 3 years to FT when I started and it ended up just over 9 1/2yrs before going FT. It's my personal biased opinion that a young woman should not make a delivery or management career at UPS if she plans on marrying and/or having children. You will not see them or raise them. The daycare or other provider will. There are not many full time dads. I don't care to hear from others commenting on my male chauvinism, its my position. Now, there are 8 and the gate FT combo jobs that come around and if you can find something in the say, smalls sort, revenue recovery, air belt, first responder or the like, well then gain seniority and hit the FT inside jobs. They are available around the clock and work for many people. Keep in mind, in many hubs all FT employees get to bid on a FT inside job while at others, only PT can. You may have to drive until you have enough seniority to get an inside job. Talk to some of the FT folks and determine which FT paths you qualify for or would have to take. And don't try to impress anyone with your ability to outperform others. It has zero effect on you progression (other than mngmt), wages or retention. It's a tough decision and one you really need to have a couple of one on one discussions with some of the full-timers and evaluate where you want to be in 10 years or more. Good luck.
Thank you.. yea I dont plan on kids or marriage anyway but I will ask around about that thanks a lot.. Oh and I know I dont have to bust my ass the way I do .. I just cant go slow lol.. if only they paid by the box

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It seems that you feel it will be easier on your body to go full time driving. That would be a severe error in judgement. If you are feeling pain as a part time employee, the full time grind of driving will not benefit you in any way.

I would suggest management.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thank you.. yea I dont plan on kids or marriage anyway but I will ask around about that thanks a lot.. Oh and I know I dont have to bust my ass the way I do .. I just cant go slow lol.. if only they paid by the box
Thats just because you have not meet me yet! Jk im a happily miserably married man!