How long until you won your first bid route?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
lol you just like to hear yourself talk. i've run over 20 routes in my center, which is a third of the bid routes. i'd never run my bid route once before bidding on it. there were only 3 others after mine and i took the "best" of what was left.
I like hearing myself talk? ...typing on a website? You’ll be yanked off your route when management says so...get ready for the morning phone calls “ can you do this for us”.
🧔✊

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Little over 2 years for me from when I started. Got lucky and a business heavy route came open. Everyone else in the center Hates it. I absolutely love it. It sucks up until 12:30 everyday but after that it's easy street. I do have 40 pickups but only 20 ever really ship anything. Residential that I deliver to are not financially well to do so Residential bulk is almost non existent. Shoes and cellphones.

JustDeliverIt

damn 10.5 years preload? I did 6....my respect to you union brother , that’s like doing solitary confinement..
🧔✊

Yeah, 10+ was the normal around here up until 2 years ago. Now, we have guys going RPCD in under 2 years. The hall said they will be hiring FT 22.4's of the street this summer, no one inside wants to drive. Oh well, it is what it is.

JustDeliverIt

We have a guy who was hired in to preload in the late 80s, worked a week before he went driving, then was FT after his 30 days. He's had the same route for the better part of the past 3 decades and has a whopping 80 stops a day now.

We have a huge group of guys in our center like this. They were hired late 80's/early 90's that were hired as RPCD's off the street. Have had the same route for decades. They are all eligible to retire in the next few years and have had a bunch go the last year or two. A lot of good routes are going to be going up the next bid or two.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
you got a bid route cause you only know one route ...did you sign a bid actually ( besides the RPCD bid I’m talking an actual area bid) or just kept on the same route you’ve always have done?

Real RPCDs SIGN REAL RPCD BIDS , BID ROUTE ONLY!!!

🧔✊
Settle down.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got my first bid route when I went driving. Straight out of the Hub in 1983. I never was a Swing Driver (unassigned driver).

542thruNthru

Yeah, 10+ was the normal around here up until 2 years ago. Now, we have guys going RPCD in under 2 years. The hall said they will be hiring FT 22.4's of the street this summer, no one inside wants to drive. Oh well, it is what it is.
Yep, we got guys going 22.4 in under a year. Still they complain. ;)