How long until you won your first bid route?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just curious why bid on routes when ups change your route at any given time
Most of the time the routes stay about the same. I started driving in an industrial park delivering and picking up a thousand packages a day. My third route was a country route in a P-500 with one empty shelf and sixty stops all day. I retired on a subdivision route with no pickups. The areas can change a little bit over time. Usually, they get smaller with more stops.

HFolb23

2 years on the local sort waiting to turn 21 and be old enough to drive.

Made FT RPCD with my own bid route at 22 years old about 18 months after I started cover driving.

I’m 25 now and moved to Feeder in April.

Im aware of how fortunate I have been to “fast track” through UPS.

Poop Head

Judge me.
2 years on the local sort waiting to turn 21 and be old enough to drive.

Made FT RPCD with my own bid route at 22 years old about 18 months after I started cover driving.

I’m 25 now and moved to Feeder in April.

Im aware of how fortunate I have been to “fast track” through UPS.
Have fun being on bloodpressure meds and a cpap by the time youre 30

HFolb23

Have fun being on bloodpressure meds and a cpap by the time youre 30
Username checks out.

On that note, I guess it’s a good thing that I’m contractually obligated to the federal government to maintain a height/weight standard and physical fitness ability at least until I’m 31, planning on staying until I hit 20 years at 38. (I play weekend warrior once a month).

I go to the gym more now then I did during package. A lot easier to motivate myself to workout when I’m not physically tired after work anymore.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
15 years in the hub, 2 months in package, 1 year as a shifter, 10 months in feeder before I won a feeder bid.

35years

Gravy route
Just curious why bid on routes when ups change your route at any given time
Because on my bid route they can only change it 40%, but in reality they never change it.

And on my gravy bid route I only move 90 to 150 packages a day...Deliveries and pickups combined.

quad decade guy

About a year. Economy took a dump right when I qualified. So, they kept me on my training route. A female had one of the heaviest industrial routes in the building. She kept getting "hurt" so she bid off it. No other person in the whole building bid on that route but me. I won it and stayed on it 14 years. Started off about 50 deliveries(40 bus.)(10-15 resi)....50 pickups. Eventually well over 100 deliveries and 60 pickups. In the end before feeders...I had to have help everyday. If you didn't start pickups at 2pm you went missed. Pre-diad on paper at the start. High profile P600 wood shelves. Eventually P1000. The female was mildly attractive for a UPS pkg driver.....mildly...had a better mustache than me. She shook her behind enough and did her routine to get enough "help" with the heavy stuff....she eventually medically disappeared....

robot

Has A Large Member
4 years hub. 6 years in package. I was a swing driver the whole time. Didn’t have enough seniority to bid a route. Went to feeders and got a bid job 10 months later. It was a crappy weekend job that I was stuck on for almost 6 years…