How many areas around usa is ups updating

cachmeifucan

In Addison Illinois they updated the plant with new technology not sure how many jobs lost. Although I'm sure most people were offered a job at another center. In red river Texas I read a article ups spending 42 million. I'm sure they are spending the profits like a drunk sailor. Ups 2nd quarter profits should be out soon

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
They are adding a huge second floor automated small sort in my building now and I hear it’s happening in quite a few other buildings in the northeast as well. Just found out it’s not going to eliminate jobs either, it’s just going to speed things up. The amount of smalls on our twi shift screws up there operation bad and causes late loads

Hellobrown2000

In Addison Illinois they updated the plant with new technology not sure how many jobs lost. Although I'm sure most people were offered a job at another center. In red river Texas I read a article ups spending 42 million. I'm sure they are spending the profits like a drunk sailor. Ups 2nd quarter profits should be out soon
Are you talking about the UPS Red River District in Texas, which includes a lot of places? Or Red River county in Texas?

Tony Q

The initial amount was 36 facilities at around 6 billion I seem to remember.

JustDeliverIt

They are adding a huge second floor automated small sort in my building now and I hear it’s happening in quite a few other buildings in the northeast as well. Just found out it’s not going to eliminate jobs either, it’s just going to speed things up. The amount of smalls on our twi shift screws up there operation bad and causes late loads

They put the second floor small sort in our building just before peak last year. The system breaks down regularly but it did eliminate small sort jobs, only half of the people there that used to work it. Other employees just got moved to different jobs in the operation.

gorilla75jdw

My hub in Nashville Tennessee, White's Creek hub is going thru a huge expansion, doubling the size of the hub .

Also I know that the Lexington , Kentucky hub is undergoing a major expansion .

Also , U.P.S. has built a new center in Lavergne Tennessee, which is a suburb of Nashville , this new facility will help take pressure off the White's Creek facility.

I understand as well that the Mesquite Texas facility is being upgraded ..

I know the Memphis (Oakhaven) Tennessee just recently finished with their expansion and are now fully automated .

It might sound strange that I know all this information, but I'm a shifter (yard bird , yard jockey, yard goat etc etc ) at a fairly large feeder hub with a huge bypass destination on our yard and I talk with many drivers from different areas, with out bugging the crap out of them , just holding an open conversation. It helps to pass the time , while ingesting valuable information that's happening. Hope this helps you

govols019

You smell that?
UPS doesn't own the building at Lavergne...10 year lease on it is what I heard...We don't even occupy the entire building.

Rumour is that Oakhaven is fixing to expand again...maybe they'll shut down the Memphis building...it's a cesspool.

DOK

The initial amount was 36 facilities at around 6 billion I seem to remember.

Why didn’t they spend the Trump tax break on giving me a bonus?!

Hellobrown2000

My hub in Nashville Tennessee, White's Creek hub is going thru a huge expansion, doubling the size of the hub .

Also I know that the Lexington , Kentucky hub is undergoing a major expansion .

Also , U.P.S. has built a new center in Lavergne Tennessee, which is a suburb of Nashville , this new facility will help take pressure off the White's Creek facility.

I understand as well that the Mesquite Texas facility is being upgraded ..

I know the Memphis (Oakhaven) Tennessee just recently finished with their expansion and are now fully automated .

It might sound strange that I know all this information, but I'm a shifter (yard bird , yard jockey, yard goat etc etc ) at a fairly large feeder hub with a huge bypass destination on our yard and I talk with many drivers from different areas, with out bugging the crap out of them , just holding an open conversation. It helps to pass the time , while ingesting valuable information that's happening. Hope this helps you
Isn't Mesquite one of the top 5 biggest buildings?

Tony Q

Why didn’t they spend the Trump tax break on giving me a bonus?!
Thats kind of a loaded question! You know they have been paying new employees bonuses to show up on time and everyday for a couple years now. As far as the trump tax break goes, if you believe that was ever intended in any way to trickle down to the working man you were duped. Have a Happy Fathers Day if you are a Dad, by the way.