How many colors of brown are there?

satellitedriver

Helen,
My closet looks like the paint sample rack at Lowe's.
The socks are the worst. I have UPS socks that are colors not found in nature.
How new brown socks can go to orange socks, in one washing, is beyond me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't bother ordering anything. I just wear my stained, holey, wore out uniforms. When the supervisors comment on the condition of my uniform I simply say that when I order something it never arrives. A guy can place only so many orders that are never fulfilled before he gives up and doesn't care anymore. Giving up and not caring anymore is the motto at UPS in regards to the so many things that are broken here and will never be fixed. I'm still amazed that this companies ability to profit.

Or you can force your management to deal with the issue by filing a grievance. I did, and it worked. I prefer to wear clean uniforms with no holes in them, and I'm not into having to wash the same 2 uniforms 3 times a week. I filed, I won, and now I have 6 complete uniform sets hanging in my closet with no holes, ready to wear.

UPS is able to make the right choice. Sometimes you just have to slap them around a little first to provide them with the motivation.

outamyway

Or you can force your management to deal with the issue by filing a grievance. I did, and it worked. I prefer to wear clean uniforms with no holes in them, and I'm not into having to wash the same 2 uniforms 3 times a week. I filed, I won, and now I have 6 complete uniform sets hanging in my closet with no holes, ready to wear.

UPS is able to make the right choice. Sometimes you just have to slap them around a little first to provide them with the motivation.

It's pretty sad it has to be done that way....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's pretty sad it has to be done that way....

I agree. Unfortunately, what happens is that some dweeb from Finance gets himself a bright idea about cutting the uniform budget. He is too stupid to grasp the fact that (a) if you issue fewer uniforms they just wear out and have to be replaced sooner, and (b) the company is contractually obligated to provide those uniforms. He doesnt answer to the operations-level management or care what they think, so he is free to deny uniform requests with no accountability for doing so. The only way to force those uniforms out of his tightly puckered ass is to pry them out of there with a grievance. At least they are supposed to be brown anyway.