I just finished Integrad in Portland, Oregon

Overpaid Union Thug

And when you get out in the real world of running a route, all that integrad stuff especially the uniform inspection and creases, won't mean a thing.

Doing the job by the methods and learning real world experience and repetition will teach you more than classrooms, computer modules and standards they pretend to enforce but vary by center.

Consider this your "icebreaker " to really seeing what it takes to successfully do the job over a 30-35 year career.

Nothing beats real time experience
Creases in the uniforms? Polished shoes?
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Was the guy in charge of the class named Will?
He was formerly my supervisor. Good guy.
Congrats on passing the test. The good news is, its the last time in your career that you will ever have to worry about shiny shoes or ironing your uniform!

wayfair

swollen member
Was the guy in charge of the class named Will?
He was formerly my supervisor. Good guy.
Congrats on passing the test. The good news is, its the last time in your career that you will ever have to worry about shiny shoes or ironing your uniform!

Our center manager has the morning OMS do shoe audits at PCM.

P

pickup

The reason I made it rather long was to help out other people who are preparing for their week of bull:censored2:. It's nice to be able to forget what I "learned" though . Like I'm going to steer push/pull instead of hand over hand...:censored2: that

For the others who need to see this in the future, thank you for posting . It can be helpful.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The new drivers that come out of Integrad that I mentor do pick up some good ideas there and usually can recite the Five and Ten commentaries well. I did tour an Integrad school in Duluth, Georgia when it first opened. The biggest problem I have working with new drivers is trying to get them to learn how to read a map instead of wasting time finding stops by GPS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The new drivers that come out of Integrad that I mentor do pick up some good ideas there and usually can recite the Five and Ten commentaries well. I did tour an Integrad school in Duluth, Georgia when it first opened. The biggest problem I have working with new drivers is trying to get them to learn how to read a map instead of wasting time finding stops by GPS.

Now if they can actually apply those principles in action while driving.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Google Maps, Waze, or anything like that. They waste time keying in stops instead of looking at a map and figuring out how streets are laid out in relation to each other. That's the best way to learn an area in my opinion.

I do use Waze myself on weekends running around town to avoid traffic backups and police. Its a real time app where drivers are connecting with each other live, it has very up to date traffic info on it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
820278.gif

brown bomber

brown bomber
Integrad seems like a total crock of $h!t,...The current bunch of drivers are doomed for failure,..if you can't figure it out yourself....you shouldn't be here. My training consisted of a day and a half, reported to my center and went out with a sup. for 2 days on the heaviest industrial route. They cut the route back by about 25% for the 1st week, then added the remainder back and additional work. The first month was total hell, but I survived....after a few months on that route, I was dispatched to different routes. I was sent out blind on every one of them. After a few years I knew about 30-40 routes...It ain't rocket science.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Wtf is an intrograd? I loaded trucks then I took a test and then I started driving...is intrograd the way UPS says their drivers are "professional"

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Google Maps, Waze, or anything like that. They waste time keying in stops instead of looking at a map and figuring out how streets are laid out in relation to each other. That's the best way to learn an area in my opinion.

I do use Waze myself on weekends running around town to avoid traffic backups and police. Its a real time app where drivers are connecting with each other live, it has very up to date traffic info on it.
Avoiding police??? What sort of life do you lead outside UPS? The cops have your picture taped to the dashboard? WANTED: For fashion crimes involving kilts.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Nowadays you dont even need to key in addresses. On my phone all I need to do is say "Navigate to 123 Clark Street". The phone automatically opens turn by turn navigation. I learned a rural route doing that. I use it for outside of work when I travel.