How many hours have you worked in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wornoutupser

The kids in your avatar must be grown and married by now. Time for an update. The hours I work are roughly the same as they have been for most of my career.

Thats the fun part. Those ARE my kids! No management member in my building has ever picked up on that!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Unfortunately a 0700 start time for a normal driver is not feasible. Air is not in yet and many receiving docks are not open yet.

When I began in Package our start time was 0800 and we had air back then too. What do you think gradually pushed it up to 0900 or later now? I always thought it was preload problems but when we got that sorted out start times never went back. The hubs here generally get their air trailers by about 6 am now, about one hour later due to DST. Usually it's 2-3 NXDA at most, 1 2DA. The third has one can at most, the first two are normally 2 cans each, 4-5 during peak. Doesn't seem like the air would be a huge factor. I think pushing up preload start times might be more to blame. In the good old days they started around 3 and ran 5 hour sorts. Now it ranges between 4:30-5:30. Seems like maybe excessive cost cutting on the preload side isn't taking into account the extra OT & Over 9.5 penalty pay on the Driver's side.

Seems like if most receiving docks aren't open the Driver would know the ones that are and if not could get some of the resi off first.

Status
Not open for further replies.