How many hours have you worked so far this year?

helenofcalifornia

This is kind of a partner to "what's your biggest paycheck." How many hours have you worked this year? Last week, I think I was at 1400 or so. Ridiculous number of hours for only 6 1/2 months work. (At least, I think so.)

TheDick

Maybe a better title would be whats ur year to date? My buddy hit 50,000$ couple seeks ago. i'm not jealous. He spends all that OT money on his kids making up for the lost time

satellitedriver

YTD, I have grossed $46,500. I have no idea of the exact numbers of hours worked. The only reason I remember my gross pay is because I wondered how peak would boost the year end total.
At least there are DOT laws that will prevent me from earning $100,000.00 this year.
Thank God for that.:happy2:

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
1525 hours as of last paycheck. BTW, that is not unusual, my average week is between 52 and 53 hours all year long, and has been for at least the last 7 years. It used to be more, back during the dotcom boom around 2000-2001 I routinely worked 56 hours every week.

Don't know how much use it is to compare YTD earnings. Don't we make different wages depending on where we're located?

Last edited:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
This drives me crazy. All the overtime for some while others are laid off.

I'm at 270 hrs. not a typo.

I guess one day I'll be complaining about getting 2 many hours.

Honestly at top full time rate I wouldn't want or need that kind of overtime but this company gives you all or nothing. With no happy medium.

You either work 2 jobs to make ends meet and have no real family life or get slamed with excessive overtime and still have no family life in this company. I'm gonna go nuts.

I was so proud for years working for UPS but with me losing so many hours as of late. Getting up at 5 a.m. calling in for nothing and yet still stuck in a dead end 2nd job working till 8:30 P.M. When I do get called in I end up working 15 hours between both my jobs so I'm home for dinner and sleep for so many years now.
All this Just to hold on to the hopes of a career at UPS. I'm starting to wonder why.
And still have no time when I finally do make it to full time. But there's not to many options out there so I guess at least I have a job. I'm just feed up. I sacrifised alot just to start get stuck in an on call status this whole freaken year.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
all else aside, if you could have the option to have a 40 hr. work week and give guys like me the extra hours so that we could also have a 40 hr week, would you????

Skip the join the party or find another job for a minute cause I know that's some of the guys views but not everyone's and understand were they are coming from.

I know about the whole ups saves $$$ on less bennies and pention and the million other reasons why it don't but if ya could, Would you????????????

Just imagine for a minute a career working hard and still a real life.

Raw

Raw Member
1401 so far. I just discovered that if I log out from UPSers.com and am told logout successfull then go to UPSers.com again in a couple minutes I`m already logged in!!??......

bigbrownhen

Im at about 1250 hrs worked. I'll take days off here and there so the newbies get a day or two drivers pay days in. Its a hit in the paycheck, but I get some projects done and hang with my family. Its worth it to me.