How Many Peaks Have You Done?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ya'll are all a bunch of newbies! This is number 40 for me. Its been an easy one for me so far, I have never seen so many rental trucks and seasonal help. I have had a Helper for a month, he finally pulled a no-show Friday because of car problems. This guy is always late to the Meet Point, he will probably be late to his own funeral. They stuck a box with a golf cart in it two weeks ago on my area. I showed the Helper the subdivison one day, they still haven't put the route in.

My Center has already had more volume than Peak Day of last year, we are better staffed this year. So far our Preload hasn't rolled over a single trailer and has been down on time. Thirteen more days to go, it all comes off one stop at a time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
56 years old---40th peak? You started when you were 16?
I was 17 when I started loading trailers on the Midnight Sort. I did see Jim Casey when he visited our Hub one day. Every morning when my alarm goes off I wonder why I still go in now. It's refreshing to get to that point when you realize that you can retire if you really want to. I'm just stuffing my 401K at this point, I can't get into it for three more years.

I was 17 when I started loading trailers on the Midnight Sort. I did see Jim Casey when he visited our Hub one day. Every morning when my alarm goes off I wonder why I still go in now. It's refreshing to get to that point when you realize that you can retire if you really want to. I'm just stuffing my 401K at this point, I can't get into it for three more years.
You can,If you retire. Lookup 72T.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Google Section 72t distributions.

rod

Retired 22 years

Do what you have to do but if it means anything if your house is paid off and you don't have any big payments get the friend out now. I went out at 53 with only the pension as an income and we did just fine. Now with the wife"s pension, my SS and her SS (and our investment portfolio) we are doing better than "just fine".