How many Routes have been pulled in your Center this year?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Just wondering if other centers are suffering , is it a sign of the times or of things to come. My Route was pulled twice last week.

satellitedriver

Just wondering if other centers are suffering , is it a sign of the times or of things to come. My Route was pulled twice last week.
I had to have 2hrs worth work pulled off of me twice last week.
My average week is 50hrs, for the last 4 yrs.
This economy is very fluid and seems to be driven by energy states.
There is no road sign to give directions, in these times, and there never has been any in the past.
UPS is Global,
some areas will suffer and some will suffer the extra burden to make the equation of profit balance.
UPS is an end sum game.
In the end,
as a worker for UPS, one must always plan for the worst and hope for the best.

drewed

Shankman
It happens, UPS is planning on bad times, shaving costs for a just in case scenario; its good to see we're trying to cut costs and find alternate revenue sources while our competition thinks its stats quo

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My route is usually cut out in the summer. So far this month, its only been out on a Monday, with a full truck every day. Maybe its just my state (CT), but I don't see a drop in volume like most summers yet. Maybe those economy checks have helped.

brownrodster

Lately I've gone out with loads that looked extremely light (no PAS) but the stop counts were out of control.

So in my experience, lately stop counts are up but my volume is down. I rarely go out with bricked out trucks. But I'm workin late every night because of all the extra stops.

My route is usually cut out in the summer. So far this month, its only been out on a Monday, with a full truck every day. Maybe its just my state (CT), but I don't see a drop in volume like most summers yet. Maybe those economy checks have helped.
What do you do on the days they've blown your route?

outamyway

It happens, UPS is planning on bad times, shaving costs for a just in case scenario; its good to see we're trying to cut costs and find alternate revenue sources while our competition thinks its stats quo

It's too bad some of the cost cutting ideas weren't being put into effect BEFORE somecenters started running into problems.

New Englander

Usually only on Mondays and Fridays. Slam the crap out of us on those days to get their stops per car up.

Then they bitch and moan no one called in to say we were over 9.5, usually half the center.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What do you do on the days they've blown your route?

With all my covering experience, there is always someone's route I can jump on. I can also take the option of staying home, but making money's more fun and a change is cool sometimes.

Also, with the bookoffs, they usually need me anyways

feeder53

ADKtrails
I have not worked after Dec 26 so I do not have a clue as to how the work is going in my center, I talk to the driver on my route at my home as he is there just about every day and he says things are OK, maybe P/U for summer.