How many stops do you have...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That's too funny. center manager, have you ever been out west? Just curious. My hubby grew up in Southern Mich and moved out west 20+ years ago. All of his buddies have never been out of the state much less out of their own 'neck of the woods'. I was just wondering if it was the same for you.

Oh, by the way, ya you have an accent. You can even hear it in here. LOL

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ive been out west to Las Vegas,can't tell yah what I did there,it stays in Vegas lol Other than that I've been to Buffalo plenty of times ,Oh my God people out there cant drive!!they do 65 in the fast lane!!! mothah of God they drive yah nuts!!! went to the gas station there and said ""fillerupwillyah '' and guy couldn't undah stand me at all!!!!My dad grew up out there and he moved to Mass in 62 and he couldnt even understand us kids or my mothah!!! Maybe I can teach you and ups grunt how to be a NewEnglandah !!!!!! come out this way and i'll take yah all fishin!! :happy2::happy2:

upsgrunt

Ive been out west to Las Vegas,can't tell yah what I did there,it stays in Vegas lol Other than that I've been to Buffalo plenty of times ,Oh my God people out there cant drive!!they do 65 in the fast lane!!! mothah of God they drive yah nuts!!! went to the gas station there and said ""fillerupwillyah '' and guy couldn't undah stand me at all!!!!My dad grew up out there and he moved to Mass in 62 and he couldnt even understand us kids or my mothah!!! Maybe I can teach you and ups grunt how to be a NewEnglandah !!!!!! come out this way and i'll take yah all fishin!! :happy2::happy2:

Count me in!----------I need more language lessons. LOL

One day this week, @ 13:00 when I took 15 minutes for lunch I had 18 stops done, finished at 20:00 with 85 stops. 270 miles. We were 30 minutes late getting out of the building and the "Domino theory" of problems began to topple after that. I reaffirmed my definition of a bad day.

over9five

Staff member
I"LL get ovah 9.5 to join us!!!!!!

I'm theyah, Covemastah!!

Hey, I finally got some OT! I had to go to Worcetah, ya know Wormah???
It seemed very fahh, cuz rte 140 was wikked dahk. There were'nt even any stahs out. Two trailahs down, 2 trailahs back.
Then I went to Dovah. I didn't kno where to pahk my trailah so I left it next to a cah up on the hill.

Funny story! I hit a skunk on 140 this morning. It was already roadkill, but I had doubles so no way I could avoid it. Hit it solid. All I could think of was your story about how one ended up all over your dolly. I was praying they wouldn't have me break em down. They didn't. Long drive back to Chema, but the smell was still there!

filthpig

Seniority is a great thing. 4-6 stops on my EAM trip in A P5, maybe 20-30 miles. Then I do about 130 stops and 90 miles in my P7. Start at 6:30 AM, clock out 4:30-5 PM. Somebody has to do it.:happy2:

That's a nice little piece of butter-cake you have there. I'm green with envy. Or maybe it's the beer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That's a nice little piece of butter-cake you have there. I'm green with envy. Or maybe it's the beer.

It is a mostly DR route, that pic was taken on a light day. This past week was horrible though. My Center lost a great Dispatch Supe who moved closer to home because he is nearing retirement. He is the type that cares about his job and his drivers. If the IE lady told him to cut a couple routes on a heavy day, he would leave them in if there was enough stops and drivers to do it. Another OnCar took over this job, and I went over 9.5 three times because of being over-dispatch. I would send in my stop counts after I got my 10:30s off and ask for help early. Nothing was ever done, no messages back on all three days. I guess with the high gas prices, my extra overtime will come in handy.

Hedley_Lamarr

On Friday I had one off my personal best days. I had seventeen air stops in the morning to get done and they were all over the place. I was told when I left the building, we know you are probably not gonna get all these airs delivered by 10:30, but just do your best. Sheet X other on the late ones. I finished the last air at 10:20. And I had 130 stops done by 4pm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On Friday I had one off my personal best days. I had seventeen air stops in the morning to get done and they were all over the place. I was told when I left the building, we know you are probably not gonna get all these airs delivered by 10:30, but just do your best. Sheet X other on the late ones. I finished the last air at 10:20. And I had 130 stops done by 4pm.

Isn't it great when the pkgs just seem to fall out of the car? Or when you glance back there and wonder where all of the pkgs went? That sure beats the days when it seems you can't push the pkgs out of the car and the load never seems to grow smaller.

n3ck0man

Hi Guys! I'm new in this forum and this thread it's really interesting. My regular load is between 85 an 105 stops for a total of 200 to close 300 pkgs including reds and bulk. Lunch, the earliest 1300 latest 1500. About 45 pick ups (my pks start @ 1045am, so I pick up as I deliver) bringing in between 250 to 600 pkgs if it's friday. And all in a trusty auto P1400.

ups79

are you responible for loading that load? are these pick-ups? if so you have no reason what so ever to bitch about your preloader.

bigtoe1111

75 to 85 stops per day. 200 to 250 pkgs. 175 to 225 miles. most days bulky. they want to give me more. but when they do, i slow down. plus my miles will jump. route mostly rural. lots of long dead end finger roads. i can run 24 miles for one stop. out to the end and back. the short cut on the last area of my route is 5.5 miles long itself.

RanMan

About 140 stops a day and 185 pieces. 100 miles. 15 pickups and 25 pickup pieces. That will plan about 10.25. And I will be .75 under.