how many stops?

how do i know how many stops i have to do in a hour? do the number of packages make a difference?. because i do not know what to do last week i had 96 stops with 466 packages and another friend had 102 stops with 166 packages. please i need your help because managment want me to be done in 8 hours.

tarbar66

Just git ur done safely with a sense of urgency. If you come in under 8 say at 7.95-great, if it takes you 9 so what! You getting home safely is most important everyday, let someone else worry about your numbers.

rod

Retired 22 years
I will let you in on a little secret----------------------no matter what you do--it won't be enough. Get used to it--just work safe.

rocket man

do the best you can period . come back safe. find a shop rep and he will help you if hes any good . you are doing good . just get it done the right way.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
how do i know how many stops i have to do in a hour? do the number of packages make a difference?. because i do not know what to do last week i had 96 stops with 466 packages and another friend had 102 stops with 166 packages. please i need your help because managment want me to be done in 8 hours.
Don't worry about it and above all don't let management push you. Don't skip your lunch or breaks. You ARE NOT helping yourself if you do. You are only helping management. If you get called into the office over their numbers, request a steward immediately. Don't let them corner you into anything. If you don't have a steward, don't talk to them. Don't let them pull the, "it's ok, this isn't disciplinary." crap. If they refuse to let you have a steward, tell them they are violating your Weingarten Rights. Look it up, it's federal law. Tell them you are doing the best you can. Make sure that you ARE doing the best that you can. TALK TO YOUR STEWARD, SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. Everyone's advice is sound, I especially agree with ROD. The sooner you figure this out, the better off you will be.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It NEVER matters what your neighbor did. Quit comparing and do the job safe.

All routes are different and so are the drivers that run them. Just keep moving and get your stops off at a steady pace, its all you can do. The stops are going to come off one at a time, just keep your stops sorted out and spend minimal time in back of the package car.

All routes are different and so are the drivers that run them. Just keep moving and get your stops off at a steady pace, its all you can do. The stops are going to come off one at a time, just keep your stops sorted out and spend minimal time in back of the package car.

Yoda has spoken. Listen to his advice, good it is, must you for success.