How many times

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Oceanview, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

lets say hypothetically we vote this contract down and Ups basically says we want 22.4 no matter how our union feels about it. No 95 protection, no 8hrs, lower pay, work weekends and get paid $6 less.

What happens when the union comes back and says 22.4 is here to stay? Along with the current language of how they’re used.

Would our union have the balls to strike b4 peak?

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Nope the Teamsters are paper tiger.

Ever sense they allowed PT jobs at UPS

The union is pathetically weak and a shell of what is once was.

Thanks Dennis T for being a spineless pussilamous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

#yes

4. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

Thinking I need to become management and take them down from the inside!

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Hoffa and company has to go.

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They'd change a few words then have us vote again after peak.

7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Hopefully they improve another area of the contract in exchange for 22.4

8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Hopefully we vote it down until it's removed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop is funny

Moe monie

10. opie

opie Active Member

22.4's was the unions idea. So the company should have no problem if the 22.4s get scraped. And my local said the company has no idea how to use them anyway.

11. PappyLand

PappyLand Member

22.4 isn’t going anywhere. Congrats guys you did this to us. You should have learned to not keep it out till 10pm every night.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

22.4 drivers will just add another layer of inefficiency and complications into the daily dispatch. At least with 22.3 and air exception drivers the company has more flexibility on how to dispatch routes. If they are not needed they go home with a pay actual or the company works them 12 hours.

13. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

no 22.4 please.
    I just started putting grievances for air drivers bringing me ground parcels.

14. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

Nope , strike will not happen , even if we vote it down .

15. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Just think about it....We have been told that the Company's original offer on the table was for members to use their own personal vehicles to deliver. Is it me or those anybody else can see the liability issues with that (what happens if fill in the blank)?

Again we are getting the information that these 22.4s were a alternative to the personal vehicle driving positions. It does not make sense, like you would be willing to jam a irregular 140 lb mattress or 7 foot christmas tree in the back seat of your new 30,000 sedan. with leather seats...How many Irregulars can you fit in a Honda Civic and drive safely?

The flexibility issue could be resolved without these new 22.4s classifications with a little common sense and planning. It is like the Company has purposely created the continuing problem of LIBs by cutting 22.3 routes and drivers and not having the proper equipment or manpower in order to manufacture this solution.