How much should i get paid?

542thruNthru

Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice and other people opinions about some stuff.

Let me begin like this.

I started working at UPS as a preloader about month and a half ago. I was doing really good. Then all of the sudden there is some guy and he comes to me asking me do i want to become a driver?
Of course i was like YESS!!

Then i asked some questions about hours, about payrate and at that moment i was told because i am an in house employee i should be payed $27 an hour , and out of the street drivers are paid $21 an hour. But here is the catch at that moment i was till not working at the UPS for a month so i didn't gain seniority. After that i went to intergrad for a week, and started working as a helper for almost 2 weeks. at preload i was paid $13.5 and when i started as helper i got paid $13 an hour. I got downgraded lol. But i went to that intergrad school and i am supposed to be a driver and i need to be paid as a driver.

I let my supervisor know about my status and situation but he still didn't fix anything. Also i was told i will be starting driving soon so i don't know what to expect in terms of my hourly wage. $21 or $27???

At this moment its been about 45 days since i started working at UPS, so i guess i gain seniority , and i am in house employee and that should be $27???

In my experience UPS is trying to take advantage of people and they are not very honest.

What would you guys recommend me to do? Talk to some union representative, bring it to the rudest HR ever or something else?

I just want to keep this job and get paid fair and correctly. I was always trying really hard but still didn't get any kind of credit or reward for that
What state are you in? Do you know what local you are?

bakiii

Last time i was working, i was sitting in a jumper seat. I got 6 paychecks so far and didnt get deducted any union fees so far. I dont know how they count that 30 days, is it 30 working days or 30 days like oct15 - nov15

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Last time i was working, i was sitting in a jumper seat. I got 6 paychecks so far and didnt get deducted any union fees so far. I dont know how they count that 30 days, is it 30 working days or 30 days like oct15 - nov15
30 working days. And my guess is Intergrad didn't count. Also October 15th means you were hired in the seasonal period, I believe.
Which means you are at will until January 15th ish.

Rookie2020

Rookie 2020
Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice and other people opinions about some stuff.

Let me begin like this.

I started working at UPS as a preloader about month and a half ago. I was doing really good. Then all of the sudden there is some guy and he comes to me asking me do i want to become a driver?
Of course i was like YESS!!

Then i asked some questions about hours, about payrate and at that moment i was told because i am an in house employee i should be payed $27 an hour , and out of the street drivers are paid $21 an hour. But here is the catch at that moment i was till not working at the UPS for a month so i didn't gain seniority. After that i went to intergrad for a week, and started working as a helper for almost 2 weeks. at preload i was paid $13.5 and when i started as helper i got paid $13 an hour. I got downgraded lol. But i went to that intergrad school and i am supposed to be a driver and i need to be paid as a driver.

I let my supervisor know about my status and situation but he still didn't fix anything. Also i was told i will be starting driving soon so i don't know what to expect in terms of my hourly wage. $21 or $27???

At this moment its been about 45 days since i started working at UPS, so i guess i gain seniority , and i am in house employee and that should be $27???

In my experience UPS is trying to take advantage of people and they are not very honest.

What would you guys recommend me to do? Talk to some union representative, bring it to the rudest HR ever or something else?

I just want to keep this job and get paid fair and correctly. I was always trying really hard but still didn't get any kind of credit or reward for that
21.00 for casual. Pvd drivers get 21.00 plus gas mileage.
It might depend where you are located (state) but I would ask a union representative asap.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Driver helpers don't make driver money. Lol.

bakiii

So i make a higher hourly wage. I talked to my Sup , and he said i should be getting the higher hourly rate, because the system treats me as a driver , and they will try to correct my paychecks for this period of time

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are you a driver or a warehouse worker?
What job are you performing?
1413659eikJ94NY.gif

bakiii

Here I am with another question.

Does anyone in UPS know what they are doing or what they are supposed to do???

After i got paid higher hourly wage last week , this week another BS with UPS

Here is my time card for last week Screenshot

And here is my time card for this week Screenshot

They switched my hourly wage and paid me all overtime for Monday LOL , and for the other days i got paid 21 per hour for 4 hours a day and the remaining is overtime ( Screenshot )

Should i talk to shop Stewart or supervisor about this, i think Stewart because supervisors dont care

I really feel bad for my self, i got thrown over there, received 5 minute training, learned a lot of stuff through this forum and youtube.
I get the job done, always on time for deliveries and pickups, but come on UPS you giving me a hard time. I just wanna get through 10 more days until Christmas and get back to my full time job.

After the things i have been through for almost 3 months over there i prefer to make 60k with regular job where i work with regular and honest people, then 100k after 4 years of driving (oh but sorry, they dont get you RPCD right away, they got you 22.4), where everything is a lie. They promise you fortune , but they keep feeding you enough , but not to starve

General experience with ups is bad for me.

After the peak is over i will start a separate topic where i am going to explain everything that happened to me, and i am going to address the exact hub, supervisors and other stuff

Wish everyone a nice day off tomorow

bakiii

Also would like to confirm if Saturdays are all about overtime? because i heard people talking about that last Saturday, and i got paid all overtime, but not today

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Should i talk to shop Stewart or supervisor about this, i think Stewart because supervisors dont care
Jesus H Christ.
It's steward. STEWARD.

And you are a seasonal. You have no rights to the grievance process, and your steward will care very little. At best.

After the peak is over i will start a separate topic where i am going to explain everything that happened to me, and i am going to address the exact hub, supervisors and other stuff
Absolutely not. Do NOT name employees, locations, etc...
That is against the TOS on this site, and would basically be doxxing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Also would like to confirm if Saturdays are all about overtime? because i heard people talking about that last Saturday, and i got paid all overtime, but not today
Saturdays are overtime if you are on a Monday - Friday schedule. YMMV.
And as I have been made to understand it, seasonals are guaranteed wages only, and may not receive said OT.

bakiii

In my hub everyone is working Monday - Saturday during the peak season. So yeah this should be overtime.
Also i checked out with my Supervisor and he confirmed i should get paid the higher wage which is $27, why they doing this then?
I am sorry about STEWARD/T. English is not my first language.

I just don't understand why they play games with employees...

bakiii

But i received Saturday full day OT hours for last week. And they changed everything for this week. Really don't understand things at all. I do not mind about $150, this is still good money for me, but some sometimes everything is so confusing.

When i started working here i thought this is a big, great company, real opportunity for career :halfdead:

Man i do everything by the book, follow rules and everything and they still mess with you

542thruNthru

Jesus H Christ.
It's steward. STEWARD.

And you are a seasonal. You have no rights to the grievance process, and your steward will care very little. At best.
Whoa... Settle down there champ. A steward cares about all blue collar dues paying individuals. He may not be a seniority employee but he may be paying dues.

He may not have the grievance process but the DOL will be able to help him. Also he deserves to be paid correctly for doing the job.
;)