How Nervous does your senior look now that GPS is activated?

Purplepackage

It will be awkward for managers like Dano trying to explain to upper management for a sudden drop in productivity and service for the entire station.;)

I'm hoping this might actually help me with some drop boxes, maybe now that there will be actual gps proof that some for boxes have a close time that is way to late

dmac1

For anyone who gets fired, this GPS locator can be a good thing. Get an attorney and subpoena the GPS record for everyday you worked. It gives the drivers one more tool with which to defend themselves.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm hoping this might actually help me with some drop boxes, maybe now that there will be actual gps proof that some for boxes have a close time that is way to late
Getting those drop box times moved up practically takes an act of congress these days even though most of the activity is long past.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
For anyone who gets fired, this GPS locator can be a good thing. Get an attorney and subpoena the GPS record for everyday you worked. It gives the drivers one more tool with which to defend themselves.

They can use the same one they use to fight an OLCC, LOL.

Star B

White Lightening
Most couriers are much more responsible than that but the ones who get away with those numbers are usually the mgr's buddies. They don't need GPS to know that's going on so why aren't the mgrs getting the axe?
Lack of hard data. That type of courier could always "be behind a tractor/school bus/buggy/cat or @UpstateNYUPSer naked in the middle of the road" and the manager wouldn't be able to prove it.

Now, with the GPS, they will have hard data. They could direct him to take the highway vs the rustic road. They can see he's doing 25 minutes at the grocery store every day.

This could go the other way too... it could actually show that he needs the 10 hours to do the 40 stops due to whatever reason. They can see that he's actually doing 15mph on the highway because of the cow.

vantexan

Lack of hard data. That type of courier could always "be behind a tractor/school bus/buggy/cat or @UpstateNYUPSer naked in the middle of the road" and the manager wouldn't be able to prove it.

Now, with the GPS, they will have hard data. They could direct him to take the highway vs the rustic road. They can see he's doing 25 minutes at the grocery store every day.

This could go the other way too... it could actually show that he needs the 10 hours to do the 40 stops due to whatever reason. They can see that he's actually doing 15mph on the highway because of the cow.
GPS isn't a spy satellite. How long does it take swings to do said rt? I covered as a swing in Florida a couple of guys who got away with murder. Yep, the mgr's buddies. Mgr actually got mad if I made them look bad, and I wasn't even trying to. This is the side Dano never talks about, always a courier problem with him.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
GPS isn't a spy satellite. How long does it take swings to do said rt? I covered as a swing in Florida a couple of guys who got away with murder. Yep, the mgr's buddies. Mgr actually got mad if I made them look bad, and I wasn't even trying to. This is the side Dano never talks about, always a courier problem with him.

No offense is intended, but what the hell are you talking about now? Is it another "This one time, I had an experience of some sort, so therefore all of the existing empirical data must be flawed" thing that you're so fond of?