How nice is your radio box? Post pics

Now, not only do I not have a radio, but my feeling are hurt.
hqdefault.jpg

Flex

My little homemade cutting board, I strap bungee cords on the hooks at each corner. Works great!

Attachments

• rsz_2cb_cutting_board.jpg
    rsz_2cb_cutting_board.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 397

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The standard JBL CHARGE runs about 119.00 at most BEST BUY stores. There is an upgraded model with lights if you like that "disco" feeling... for about $150.00 (lol)

The JBL has the best battery rating among all the wireless models available.

The DRE beat pill blows ash, and the battery life is half of the JBL. The BOSE is a great sound, but the battery life is also substandard.

The JBL will last well over 10 hours of playtime and you can charge your phone or ipod on it as well with some small sacrifice to overall battery life.

TOS.

wayfair

swollen member
Friend of mine was given the JBL charge 2 for xmas, the Bose soundlink mini sounds a lot better.

either is a good choice, I prefer the better sound plus I've never drained the battery in one sitting and just leave it on it's charging dock.

Sparkey86

I run a galaxy 959 and radio receiver mounted to a cutting board that you can buy at Walmart. Then mount the whole thing on top of the dash. When I first started in feeders I was persuaded not to mount everything in a box. After some years in feeders I used tractors that had slip seat boxes and found that it was a bit inconvenient to take your eyes from the road to look to the passenger seat to change stations or CB channels and if you are like me, you are constantly adjusting squelch and RF gain etc. I just found it safer to have it there at dash level and with everything mounted to the board you can just unhook and grab the board and everything comes out. The downside to the board is that you can't really stack the radios because it becomes a challenge to see the hood mounted convex mirror on passenger side needed for lane changes. I like the cool boxes though. Pretty cool to see what drivers come up with. My 2cents

I use the Sharkk Boombox with my iPod. I'm getting over 24 hours of playtime on one charge by connecting it to my iPod with a cable instead of using bluetooth. It's loud enough to hear over the noise in my package car even on the highway. Sound quality is great for the price I paid for it.

81FvsENyyyL._SL1500_.jpg

Boxmaker

This is what it looks like powered up. It can change colors and other stuff too. Clear acrylic top with LEDs made into the wood. LED strip and more. Amplified external speaker and LED switches with a dimmer on the front facing LED lights.

Attachments

• 1424829097519.jpg
    1424829097519.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 1424829113997.jpg
    1424829113997.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 297

Boxmaker

Very nice work
Any tips for someone looking to build one?
How does that secure to the dash?

It can be secured many ways. Most people use a bungie but I use zip ties. We have mounting brackets on the dash.
The biggest tip I can give is to make sure it's mounted safely and it's fused properly. Make it light and efficient and simple to use.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I keep my CB on a cutting board and use a UE Boom for my radio.View attachment 29519

I just bought one of these myself. It was rated the highest on a bunch of different sites and had the longest battery life of 15 hours. And it fits in the cupholder of my package car. I didn't have a full charge on it today so only got to enjoy it for about 3 hours but it sounds pretty nice.

Sparkey86

This is what it looks like powered up. It can change colors and other stuff too. Clear acrylic top with LEDs made into the wood. LED strip and more. Amplified external speaker and LED switches with a dimmer on the front facing LED lights.
That is the coolest one I've seen. Are you constantly cleaning the glass due to dust?