How not to get on the No Rehire list?

I was wondering if I gave UPS a 2week notice before leaving would I be in good terms with the company and get another position at UPS if I ever wanted a entry level job again with them? Or would I be put on the no rehire list and just burnt my bridges with UPS?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I would do at the very least two weeks. More if you already know. The more time you give, the easier it is to compensate for your departure.

The attendence and work ethic also have a lot to do with it. As well as your reason for leaving. If you have been a source of friction at the company, that would place you on the list.

Leaving with a good relationship is key. And it would not hurt to ask and make sure that you are not on the list.

d

Kae3106

I always thought the policy was that if you voluntarily quit, UPS would never rehire you. The only exception to the this was for seasonal employees. I tried to look it up on UPSers and it seems there may be a small exception to this policy now based "on careful consideration" but I can't get the full policy to pull up.

brownrod

Same here. For some reason I've been lead to believe that everyone is automatically put on the no rehire list when they leave.

You'll need to get with a sup for the answer but I'll bet that separation form has a box on it for rehire status with either yes or no to check off. It only makes sense to have something like this.