How To Allow Other Buildings Bid Into Feeders?

GrayGhost

I would imagine that there is either no CPUs being made by other buildings in WC's area or very few because that seems to be a no no when it comes to protecting WC's work. But I can assure you that WC is coming into other building's areas for CPUs. See the hypocrisy there? When you really think about it that grievance has little or nothing to do with these CPUs. The lockout shouldn't exist when such a double standard is allowed to continue. But the legal standing of that grievance is binding as you suggest. But that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be undone (fairly of course) or that the double standard can't be addressed and eliminated.

Exactly where is that grievance documented? In a rider? It certainly isn't in the Master or Southern Supplement. That's something I haven't seen anyone mention here and no one I've talked to in any building knows. I just find it hard to believe that it can't be undone. Especially with the predicament WC is in with trying to fill feeder and package positions.

I agree the grievance has nothing to do with the CPU's.
The guy that filed the grievance was in package car at the time he filed it. I believe what was happening was the package drivers that bid to WC from massman and franklin were getting laid off and bumping him out of a package position. He was getting tired of getting bumped back in the hub. He couldn't bump to massman or franklin package so he filed. I was told by our local president that this issue was brought up before about undoing the grievance but nobody would sign off on it for fear of the legal issues that would arise. He also said that in order to have on seniority list it would have to be voted on by each building. He has told me that his position is that it should be opened up to all after WC has been exhausted.

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree the grievance has nothing to do with the CPU's.
The guy that filed the grievance was in package car at the time he filed it. I believe what was happening was the package drivers that bid to WC from massman and franklin were getting laid off and bumping him out of a package position. He was getting tired of getting bumped back in the hub. He couldn't bump to massman or franklin package so he filed. I was told by our local president that this issue was brought up before about undoing the grievance but nobody would sign off on it for fear of the legal issues that would arise. He also said that in order to have on seniority list it would have to be voted on by each building. He has told me that his position is that it should be opened up to all after WC has been exhausted.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If they do it right the they shouldn't have to worry about legal issues. Every building would be equal. That is my understanding anyway.

This thread was actually supposed to be about the possibility that we can all bid in to feeders once WCs lists were exhausted but these other issues keep coming up. LOL. Allot of us are wondering how that will go down. Or IF it will at this point.

Overpaid Union Thug

Also.... having every building vote on having one combined seniority list is a great idea. That should eliminate any potential legal issues. I just can't imagine many buildings, if any, opting out if they think it through and can see the benefits. If they dont they won't have a leg to stand on later when they whine about not having the same opportunities as everyone else.

Wow someone should show all of these conversations to the local. Good stuff.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

It would be good for all buildings except the one every one wants to get into.

Actually the hub here would benefit as much as the extended centers. It would shorten their wait time for package. And there isn't one building that everyone wants in. The goal is to make every building one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

If you go part time to package you can move to the other building.

That is awesome. So someone in one building can't get passed over for feeders by someone with less company seniority from another building simply because the other's building has a shorter wait time for full-time package. It sounds like your local has their you know what together.

Last edited:

av8torntn

That is awesome. So someone in one building can't get passed over for feeders by someone with less company seniority from another building simply because the other's building has a shorter wait time for full-time package. It sounds like your local has their you know what together.

It's not perfect. For example the article 22.3 jobs aren't included, but it sounds much better than what you guys have going on.

gorilla75jdw

It's not perfect. For example the article 22.3 jobs aren't included, but it sounds much better than what you guys have going on.
How could the 22.3's not be included , I'm a 22.3 and we seem to be left out of everything from extra work to vacations , preferred positions etc etc ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

How could the 22.3's not be included , I'm a 22.3 and we seem to be left out of everything from extra work to vacations , preferred positions etc etc ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah that sucks but at least 22.3s can bid into feeders in their own building. And without having to work in package first. I know of at least one guy at Whites Creek that did it. But the only way to make a multi building seniority/bid list 100% fair is to include 22.3's. Not including all fulltime jobs only sets a recipe for the same scenario that happened between WC, Massmsn, etc. But at least they've got package and feeders open. That, like he said, is much better than 480's current status quo.

What are your 22.3 jobs? I'm just curious. When I was at The Creek there was a guy that worked smalls on twilight and shifted on midnight. That's pretty sweet. And that was before noonday was brought back so I can only imagine what 22.3s have been added since then.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

av8torntn

They can bid to feeders it's just they way I understand it they don't let part time guys from one building bid to a 22.3 job in another building.

Overpaid Union Thug

They can bid to feeders it's just they way I understand it they don't let part time guys from one building bid to a 22.3 job in another building.
Yeah that could cause problems. It might have already but nobody has thought to fight it like was done at Whites Creek. Being that they are 22.3s its less likely that it's happened much. If at all.

gorilla75jdw

Yeah that sucks but at least 22.3s can bid into feeders in their own building. And without having to work in package first. I know of at least one guy at Whites Creek that did it. But the only way to make a multi building seniority/bid list 100% fair is to include 22.3's. Not including all fulltime jobs only sets a recipe for the same scenario that happened between WC, Massmsn, etc. But at least they've got package and feeders open. That, like he said, is much better than 480's current status quo.

What are your 22.3 jobs? I'm just curious. When I was at The Creek there was a guy that worked smalls on twilight and shifted on midnight. That's pretty sweet. And that was before noonday was brought back so I can only imagine what 22.3s have been added since then.

Sent using BrownCafe App
We have so many different combinations of 22.3's . The guy you are talking about still does the same job that you mentioned , His name is John Duncan , he is a good friend of mine .
I will list as many jobs as I can think of , multiples of course in some of the jobs .
Mine is irregs/shifter (twi/mid)
Smalls /ecs clerk
Rewrap/irregs
Shifter/shifter
Fueler/shifter
Air driver /smalls
Air driver/revenue recovery
Clerk/pick off
Smalls/revenue recovery
Fueler/pickoff
Sweeper/revenue recovery
Fueler/irregs
Ecs clerk/smalls
Preloaded charge /irregs
Preload charge/air driver
Pallet dock/shifter
Carwash/irregs
Carwash/pickoff
That's just off the top of my head , I think we have maybe 70-75 combo's total here at the creek .

Sent using BrownCafe App