How to become a permanent ups driver

I live in Hopatcong nj and I'd love to be a driver for the mt. Olive location but I know you have to work your way up to achieve that. Is there any other way possible to become a permanent driver? I know there are seasonal driver positions but I was just wondering if there was any other way.

Thanks

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
IMG_1339.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I live in Hopatcong nj and I'd love to be a driver for the mt. Olive location but I know you have to work your way up to achieve that. Is there any other way possible to become a permanent driver? I know there are seasonal driver positions but I was just wondering if there was any other way.

Thanks

Not really, especially in Mt. Olive. Your best bet is to get in part-time, get on the part-time to full-time transfer list as soon as you can, and put your name on the lists for as many buildings as you can. You might end up in Secaucus which is a good hike from Hopatcong but its the biggest building in the state and there is constant transfer activity in and out of the place.

Happy trails.

Thanks for the support guys. I was a driver helper and package handler back in the day but so many people were in front of me it just seemed impossible to get to be a driver.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not really, especially in Mt. Olive. Your best bet is to get in part-time, get on the part-time to full-time transfer list as soon as you can, and put your name on the lists for as many buildings as you can. You might end up in Secaucus which is a good hike from Hopatcong but its the biggest building in the state and there is constant transfer activity in and out of the place.

Happy trails.
Parsippany is closer.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You can be like dan and get hired off the street...best bet though is work part time and work another full time job if necessary then be a driver...sucks at first but it will pay off long term

ManInBrown

I'm in NJ. We've kept on a handful of seasonals the last few years. If you have another job I would never recommend quitting and trying to get hired permanent. It's a wing and a prayer. Good Luck

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You're a Yankees fan, so just buy your way to what you want, much the way Steinbrenner did to win championships.
Jeter, Posada, Pettitte, Williams, Rivera.................................................................................................ALL homegrown talent...................................................beat it.