How to buy UPS truck for a 4 year old boy

Trish,
There is nothing at all silly about that saying.
1st Corinthians 10; 13 talks about that very thing.

Lorrie,
Your family is in my prayers.
Godspeed.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that means a lot. I agree with you and Trish. There are a lot of very nice people on this site. I've told my husband and some of my friends and family about the responses I have received from all of you. They send their appreciation to all of you. I promise to keep you up to date on how he is doing through his ordeal. Thanks for caring.
Lorrie

DS

Fenderbender
Lorrie,
not sure if you can email me or message me, if you can i will see what i can do.
Hi Timestudy,thanks for vilifying the browncafe as a valid way for upsers to interact and thank you for your involvement.
Thanks for posting Lorrie

OptimusPrime

Didn't we used to have an "official" store online? Was mostly for management types, stuff they could order to hand out to potential customers. Logo golf balls, chocolate package cars, little Next Day Air packages with gum in them. Had ordered sweatshirts in the past. Also the plush package car, plane, and feeder truck.

dillweed

He lives in Fall River. And believe me, when the UPS truck comes into his view you'd think Santa had arrived. He waves and shouts to the driver. It's so cute to watch him.

I feel this is the sort of thing that makes UPS drivers thrive. It's worth the hassle of a very stressful job to see a smile on someone's face, especially a child. I have a feeling this driver looks forward to seeing your grandson as much as the child does to see the driver.

Bless your heart for all you are doing and my prayers are with you all also.

over9five

Staff member
How 'bout we set up one of those PayPal donation thingys? I'd donate towards that pedal package car, and I bet a bunch of others on this thread would too. Bet we could bring Lorries cost down a bit, and she could give it to the kid when he's better.

Nimnim

The Nim
I just gotta say something here.

Lorrie, I wish I was able to do something for you, but the actions of others here really shows the true humanity and compassion that shines amongst many. Thank you all who have offered assistance.

Nimnim,
You said it well. I have been thanking everyone individually in private messages, but I'm glad you put it out there in a seperate post. I started this thread less than 48 hours ago, just looking for someone to guide me to where I could BUY a UPS truck for a precious grandson. Not only have I been given great ideas to work with, I've had several people not only offer to send things for free, but have already taken the steps to do so. And the best thing that has happened is that all of you wonderful people (who know nothing of me or my family) sending out your prayers and well wishes. The prayers you are all sending out from all over, mean more than anything else. My Matthew needs those prayers. So many bad things happening day after day out there in the world, this puts a smile not only on my face, but the faces of many in my family. You all warm my heart. I don't personally know anyone who works for UPS, but I feel "friends" here. I have been a critical care nurse for 30 years. Always trying to make things better for my patients. I feel totally helpless to make things better for Matthew. But I know how to put smiles on his face. Who would have known it could be so hard to find a UPS truck? I was pulling my hair out. Until I found this site and the great people here. Thanks again and again. By the way...Matthew had a MRI of his spine done yesterday to check if his brain cancer had spread. His spine was clear of any cancer! That was great to hear. Surgery is still planned for next week. I'll keep you all up to date. Thanks again over and over to everyone.
Lorrie

Thats great news on Matthew,Lorrie. Im sure I speak for most UPSers here when I say when it comes to people in need,we usually find a way to come together and get things done.This is no exception.Being youre a loyal customer,you ARE like family.Bet we see you more then we see our own sometimes! Knowing we can put a smile on his face is worth it. Welcome to our "extended family" :happy-very:

You are too good!! He will be thrilled. I wish I could be there with him when it arrives to see his excitement. But my daughter promises to take pictures. And he will call me, to tell me all about it. I will make sure to let you know. Thanks again and again.

xkingx

i have a 90th special edition pkg car they gave to us back in 1997. still in box its more of a pkg car plaque but id glady ship it UPS to your grandson if you give me his address

Hi everyone,
Just another quick update on Matthew for all who have been wondering. Since the MRI of his spine came back clear, they scheduled his brain surgery for June 1st.
The neurosurgeon told my daughter that because the tumor is in the same spot as the first one (center of the brain) she is sure it is the same cancer. There is a chance that it is a totally different cancer, that may even have been caused by the chemo he got 3 years ago. But she feels it is a reoccurance, not something new. Anyways, the tumor is deep in the brain, and there are several large blood vessels in back of it. She feels this will prevent her from removing the entire tumor. The radiologist is setting him up for radiation treatments 5 days a week (don't know for how long) after surgery, to hopefully kill off the rest of the tumor. He couldn't have radiation the first time, because he was only 8 months old. It would have killed off healthy brain cells as well as the cancer ones, and he would have lost a great deal of brain function. (almost to the point of living like a vegtable). He will also get chemo again this time. He has 13 days to enjoy before his surgery. He currently feels fine. We are all praying for all we are worth. He did receive a box from "youknowwhoIam" via the UPS man. Much excitement that day. He wonders why someone who doesn't know him sent him a present. We told him it was because he is so special, and everyone who works at UPS thinks so also! He really liked that. :) Thanks again. And Vincent, I did receive your box with the "flamed out" package car via the UPS man. More than the usual excitement at my house, when I knew it wasn't something my husband ordered. Haha. I will be bringing it to him next week. All of you are great. I will keep you updated on how things go for him. And I will post his picture as soon as my husband helps me to do it. Love to all

Hope it puts a smile on that little boys face,if even for a moment. He will be in my thoughts and prayers,especially June 1st. I bet other UPSers here on the cafe will say a little prayer as well.Most of us have kids of our own so it does hit home.