How to Compliment Drivers

Wabay Steele

Firstly let me state that I am only a customer hoping someone here can help me.

I've received 2 packages in the last month delivered via UPS, and one by FedEx.

Firstly, I have to say, FedEx didn't even drive down my road. Upon receiving a text message stating the address I wrote down was incorrect (it wasn't, I know where I live) I called to see what was going on and to see if I could pick it up at their location. They said my package was already in route back to the sender and was over 100 miles away right that minute. Sigh. Long story short, my husband finally drove out to get it. Wal-Mart was actually extremely helpful (that's where we ordered our package from) and discounted our order 30% even though it wasn't their fault. FedEx did nothing at all. Well, they did argue over and over that our address did not exist.

The two packages we received from UPS arrived on time (even though I hear this recent one went through quite a storm). Both drivers were extremely nice and professional. I cannot impart to you the difference between the two companies. Honestly, I used to never want to use anything other than FedEx. I'm not sure what happened, but UPS delivered my packages on time, in excellent condition, and both drivers were so happy...like they really enjoy their job! I wish I could paint a better picture of the night/day difference. With UPS I wake up and see my package is out for delivery, and I stress and hope they can find it, but a few hours later, lo and behold a nice gentlemen shows up on time and hands me my package like it's the easiest thing in the world.

Now, we won't even order from places that only ship via FedEx. We're building a very expensive computer at the moment, and these components cost a lot of money. What that driver gave me this afternoon cost about $700.00. We just don't trust FedEx to get things like motherboards and graphics cards to our home in good condition let alone on time and with no problems.

Forgive me for being so long-winded. To the point: The UPS website has a place where I can send an email. However, it just times out, a lot. I would call the 1-800 number, but I didn't want to just leave a message with a customer service rep. Where would be the best place for me to leave a compliment for these two drivers. I don't know their names; I only have my tracking numbers.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me. It's much appreciated.

~Wabay in Dry Ridge, KY

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Firstly, I have to say, FedEx didn't even drive down my road. Upon receiving a text message stating the address I wrote down was incorrect (it wasn't, I know where I live) I called to see what was going on and to see if I could pick it up at their location. They said my package was already in route back to the sender and was over 100 miles away right that minute. Sigh. Long story short, my husband finally drove out to get it. Wal-Mart was actually extremely helpful (that's where we ordered our package from) and discounted our order 30% even though it wasn't their fault. FedEx did nothing at all. Well, they did argue over and over that our address did not exist.

The two packages we received from UPS arrived on time (even though I hear this recent one went through quite a storm). Both drivers were extremely nice and professional. I cannot impart to you the difference between the two companies. Honestly, I used to never want to use anything other than FedEx. I'm not sure what happened, but UPS delivered my packages on time, in excellent condition, and both drivers were so happy...like they really enjoy their job! I wish I could paint a better picture of the night/day difference. With UPS I wake up and see my package is out for delivery, and I stress and hope they can find it, but a few hours later, lo and behold a nice gentlemen shows up on time and hands me my package like it's the easiest thing in the world.

Now, we won't even order from places that only ship via FedEx. We're building a very expensive computer at the moment, and these components cost a lot of money. What that driver gave me this afternoon cost about $700.00. We just don't trust FedEx to get things like motherboards and graphics cards to our home in good condition let alone on time and with no problems.

Forgive me for being so long-winded. To the point: The UPS website has a place where I can send an email. However, it just times out, a lot. I would call the 1-800 number, but I didn't want to just leave a message with a customer service rep. Where would be the best place for me to leave a compliment for these two drivers. I don't know their names; I only have my tracking numbers.

~Wabay in Dry Ridge, KY

Bake a little plate of cookies, or something for when the next delivery for you comes in. Little stuff like that can really make a driver's day.

And they'll remember it, too. Next time there's a delivery to your house, you'll be sure to get taken care of right.

Wabay Steele

Bake a little plate of cookies, or something for when the next delivery for you comes in. Little stuff like that can really make a driver's day.

And they'll remember it, too. Next time there's a delivery to your house, you'll be sure to get taken care of right.

You betcha. I can bake like nobodies business. I am left with the impression now, though, that they'd get me taken care of anyway. :)

Thank you so much for your help. We'll be getting another package here in a couple of weeks. I'll make sure to have something special ready for the driver. I appreciate the fast response. Thank you so much for all that you guys do. It's highly appreciated!

ManInBrown

Its real simple. Fedex for the most part are extremely unprofessional due to their pay. UPS drivers are paid very well and we always for the most part have no problem going out of our way to do the right thing.

WTFm8

You betcha. I can bake like nobodies business. I am left with the impression now, though, that they'd get me taken care of anyway. :)

Thank you so much for your help. We'll be getting another package here in a couple of weeks. I'll make sure to have something special ready for the driver. I appreciate the fast response. Thank you so much for all that you guys do. It's highly appreciated!

Also Black Friday through the new year we typically work 55-65hr weeks (heck, almost this entire year it’s been 54hr weeks for many at my building).

It’s always nice seeing a bucket or cooler full of drinks/snacks with a note for delivery drivers to help themselves.

They’re more likely to be at houses that have multiple deliveries per week, but still an idea.

barnyard

KTM rider
Be nice to your delivery people and they will be nice to you. We are very well paid and for the most part, we enjoy getting things to people that appreciate the effort.

Smile, wave, be nice and you will be rewarded.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
....Upon receiving a text message stating the address I wrote down was incorrect (it wasn't, I know where I live)
As someone who spent the last 7 years (before retiring from UPS after 32 years) doing address corrections as our center clerk, you'd be surprised how many people don't know their actual address. I had people insisting their address existed while I sat in front of google maps staring at the addresses on that street. Many times I'd simply, politely ask them to step outside and look at the number on their house. The...ohhh. Whoops...lol. People also insisting the name of their apartment complex was the street name...no, it's not.

I'm not saying you did this, just that it does happen, and quite often.

Previously, I was a 23yr driver, and I most certainly appreciated a customer that appreciated my service. Even just the pleasant thank you is enough. Small gestures of cookies, water, etc, always made me feel good, letting me know people appreciated good service. Glad to hear you had pleasant experiences with UPS.

wayfair

swollen member
The two packages we received from UPS arrived on time (even though I hear this recent one went through quite a storm).

Walmart doesn't pack their shipments well at all... They dump the product into the box and tape it up, no packing materials at all(from my experiences receiving and delivering)

I'm glad the drivers took care of you!

The Milkman

As someone who spent the last 7 years (before retiring from UPS after 32 years) doing address corrections as our center clerk, you'd be surprised how many people don't know their actual address. I had people insisting their address existed while I sat in front of google maps staring at the addresses on that street. Many times I'd simply, politely ask them to step outside and look at the number on their house. The...ohhh. Whoops...lol. People also insisting the name of their apartment complex was the street name...no, it's not.

I'm not saying you did this, just that it does happen, and quite often.

Previously, I was a 23yr driver, and I most certainly appreciated a customer that appreciated my service. Even just the pleasant thank you is enough. Small gestures of cookies, water, etc, always made me feel good, letting me know people appreciated good service. Glad to hear you had pleasant experiences with UPS.

I also did quite a few address corrections and at times the shipper will make the typo, or when a box does not arrive in a timely fashion customers blame us. Many times the person who shipped the pkg reused a box and there were 2 address labels thus causing a pkg bouncing around in the system for a few extra days

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Whatever you do, don't call the 1800 number showing your appreciation. Corporate will love it, but lower management will accuse him of stealing time . Hook him up with bottled water this summer and a thank you. He is more than likely an older driver that does the job right unlike the new hires trained to cut corners. Don't get used to the good service because when he's gone you'll probably be lucky to find your packages in the ditch if they don't fit in your mailbox.

I also did quite a few address corrections and at times the shipper will make the typo, or when a box does not arrive in a timely fashion customers blame us. Many times the person who shipped the pkg reused a box and there were 2 address labels thus causing a pkg bouncing around in the system for a few extra days
The last of the Zeros are almost gone my friend

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Its real simple. Fedex for the most part are extremely unprofessional due to their pay. UPS drivers are paid very well and we always for the most part have no problem going out of our way to do the right thing.

Yeah, there are good eggs in the purple side like @OrioN ... he practices "the purple promise" daily, otherwise he would've moved on to better things.

To the op, goto the following link and write your compliments there:

UPS.com Email Application - United States

El Correcto

god is dead

~Wabay in Dry Ridge, KY
I like it when my customer ask if I want water and then don’t take 20 minutes boiling ice and bringing me a glass.