How To get a New union steward ?

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Can u impeach n block a steward from ever running again? no one really wants the job, why he keeps so long, but there's 2 centers like 3 or 4 stewards. so can he be stricken from being one if enough proof and people sign to remove him. im paying union to screw me over, is what feels like.
What local are you? You sound like you're in my local.

There's a few things you can do but they arent easy. You can do all three if you like.

1. Although I forget what form to fill out, you can file with the NLRB. Somebody can chime in here.

2. Talk to your BA and hope your BA won't side with the steward.

3. Find someone you know who won't sell out the workers or nominate yourself and run against the sellout steward.

cachmeifucan

What local are you? You sound like you're in my local.

There's a few things you can do but they arent easy. You can do all three if you like.

1. Although I forget what form to fill out, you can file with the NLRB. Somebody can chime in here.

2. Talk to your BA and hope your BA won't side with the steward.

3. Find someone you know who won't sell out the workers or nominate yourself and run against the sellout steward.
I think it's a unfair labor practice

cachmeifucan

In local 705 the management kisses the stewards ass but they all still do their job. We file grievances for supervisors working and get paid triple our rate of pay. Our business agent K. I forgot his last name because we never need to ask him anything because his stewards handle it well. Hes always in the building and when management sees him they make sure they not working. Very happy. Last year I got a check for supervisors working I don't remember filing but stewards here file grievances and pass it around.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
In local 705 the management kisses the stewards ass but they all still do their job. We file grievances for supervisors working and get paid triple our rate of pay. Our business agent K. I forgot his last name because we never need to ask him anything because his stewards handle it well. Hes always in the building and when management sees him they make sure they not working. Very happy. Last year I got a check for supervisors working I don't remember filing but stewards here file grievances and pass it around.
Isn't there just one B.A.?

cachmeifucan

Its 1 business agent but he covers a couple buildings hes young and knowledgeable well respected lucky to have him. Kts a few b.a for the whole local but we got around 12k members so smaller locals probably have less.

cachmeifucan

Being a steward isn't easy. Pleasing everyone is impossible. The difference between a gripe and a grievance. Talk to him. The general meeting is probably virtual but you still won't log in. He may have been elected or appointed. Get clarification on issues from the big union guy. Every local has different supplements but he probably could help. You may not like the answer but that's irrelevant

ski or die

Ski or Die
When I was elected steward, after about 2 weeks, the manager requested me to come to the office. I was told if I worked with them, life would be much easier for me, otherwise they intended to make it more difficult. Knowing our BA wasn't playing cards with us, I refused to give in. It did become difficult at times, but I was elected because my fellow Teamsters knew I was fair and honest and would fight for them.

cachmeifucan

I started 25 years ago and john m. Used to walk the building and management would be nervous. It's like that when he walks around supervisors run to the bathroom to wash their hands so it looks like they haven't been working.