How To Resign From Being A Hazmat Responder?

twisted17

Ive have been a designated hazmat reponder for 10months now and I do not like it what so ever. So I was wondering if anybody knows if and how I can resign from the position? Please help I want dont want to be a responder anymore. Thanks

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You need to read Article 18 Section 21 of the contract, ASAP. If you don't have your own copy, check out the top thread in the UPS Union issues forum. I think it's page 58.
Good luck, you may need it. You may be stuck.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Now, he understands why no one who has been there any length of time won't volunteer for anything anymore. UPS doesn't volunteer to be moral and decent to us, why return the favor?

twisted17

Thank Hondo for the help Iam going to check that out now I really appreciate it. And Yes Menotyou I definately agree with you 100% on that one.!!!

twisted17

I was a 1st responder for awhile. I wrote a letter of resignation. Done.

Re: How To Resign From Being A Hazmat Responder?
Thanks Dilligaf. What did you say in your resignation and did who did you give it to? Also not 2 be noisy but was this in recently since the new contract has been done? Thanks​

menotyou

bella amicizia
All you have to do is write " Dear HR and all others this may concern:
I, insert name here, am resigning as Hazmat responder effective 5/12/2011.
Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Your name

cc: Human Resources
Your building manager"

Give two copies to your center manager and ask him to house mail the other to HR.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks Dilligaf. What did you say in your resignation and did who did you give it to? Also not 2 be noisy but was this in recently since the new contract has been done? Thanks
My letter was pretty basic. I, blah blah blah, hereby resign from 1st responder. Effective immediately. signed blah blah blah.

I gave it to my sup and I faxed it to my safety sup.

This was prior to the new contract.

twisted17

Re: How To Resign From Being A Hazmat Responder?
Thanks Dilligaf. What did you say in your resignation and did who did you give it to? Also not 2 be noisy but was this in recently since the new contract has been done? Thanks

Thanks for the help Dilligaf its greatly appreciated. Iam going to write a resignation up and turn it in tonight. Hopefully it will be a done deal and I wont have to do it anymore.

Thanks Again

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ive have been a designated hazmat reponder for 10months now and I do not like it what so ever. So I was wondering if anybody knows if and how I can resign from the position? Please help I want dont want to be a responder anymore. Thanks
twisted17,

Why do you want to resign from the first responder job?

Sincerely,
I

twisted17

Integrity: I just dont want to do it anymore I dont care for it plus you dont get paid any extra to do it. Honestly with all the extra work you have to do and all the hassle of knowing all kinds of information in case of an audit I just dont want to do it anymore. I like going to work and doing the main job Iam there to do.

Harry: Yes Iam totally tired of messing with hazordous waste.

Menotyou: Thanks for your suggestion on what to write I wrote it all out and I plan to hand it in tonight. I really appreciate all your help.

Again Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and helped me figure this out!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity: I just dont want to do it anymore I dont care for it plus you dont get paid any extra to do it. Honestly with all the extra work you have to do and all the hassle of knowing all kinds of information in case of an audit I just dont want to do it anymore. I like going to work and doing the main job Iam there to do.

Harry: Yes Iam totally tired of messing with hazordous waste.

Menotyou: Thanks for your suggestion on what to write I wrote it all out and I plan to hand it in tonight. I really appreciate all your help.

Again Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and helped me figure this out!!!
twisted17,

Did your management team support you by allowing you to remain in compliance with the Emergency Response Plan?

Did you have a copy of the UPS Damaged Package Response Procedures?

Sincerely,
I

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Who's going to empty my pee bottle then when I forget to remove it from the package car?

twisted17

Integrity: No they hardly ever keep me up to date with anything. They usually tell me last minute oh hey you need to do this or know this. When I ask my center manager how to do something he never knows or tells me you can figure it out. So therefore Iam tired of dealing with it I would just rather quit doing the job. Yes I did have a copy of the response procedures. But I asked him how to enter stuff on the computer, or how to get the drum ready for pick up, etc...

OptimusPrime

What is your "main" job? Sure there are knowledge requirements for being a responder, but that is cake compared to humping boxes in the summer heat.

twisted17

OptimusPrime: My normal job is washing, fueling, and parking the trucks. Iam also an air driver, a hazmat auditor, and I shift out semi-trailers around when needed. I would rather handle packages in 100 degree weather anytime over be a hazmat responder I do not like it what so ever.

tre305

i WAS going to be a responder for my center, went to another building for the training and everything
BUT....there were some "issues" and i was never FULLY certified, kind of feel like a dodged a bullet
b/c now one of my friends is our responder and i see the hell he goes through. sometimes he even comes
to me asking how to respond to certain spills.