How to sheet damages

8Years2Go

If the customer refuses it due to damage I record as non-delivery/refused/damaged. If I think or know thats it's damaged I'll just record it as non-delivery/damaged.

tourists24

If the customer refuses it due to damage I record as non-delivery/refused/damaged. If I think or know thats it's damaged I'll just record it as non-delivery/damaged.
Here, we are not allowed to sheet it the way you just mentioned (non del./ damaged)

probellringer

yes there was a pcm on it---NOT given by my supe --but found by me on upsers....it is for week ending 2/27...it is called PACKAGE IN DISTRESS -seriously..it says if you have a pkg that looks friend'd up-try to fix it? huh ? before delivering it-if not sheet as MISSED and give to clerk....seems like a great way to keep clerks busy....lot of stuff on truck is distressed-what training do we get to FIX stuff? we arent supposed to have tape-but whatever ...MORE stuff to put on driver

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Integrity ? We don't' need no stinking integrity.
Exactly, a damage is a damage, but no more, its missed then they message you to find out why its missed,

yes there was a pcm on it---NOT given by my supe --but found by me on upsers....it is for week ending 2/27...it is called PACKAGE IN DISTRESS -seriously..it says if you have a pkg that looks friend'd up-try to fix it? huh ? before delivering it-if not sheet as MISSED and give to clerk....seems like a great way to keep clerks busy....lot of stuff on truck is distressed-what training do we get to FIX stuff? we arent supposed to have tape-but whatever ...MORE stuff to put on driver
More stuff to take to an addy clerk, that you get no allowance for, its a farce,

satellitedriver

Another useless peice of paper they started using about a month ago was about NDA sendagains. If we don't deliver a NDA (signature required, nobody home) on a residential, then thats another report.
Many of the NXDA signature required pkgs on my route are an A8 code.
-( I.D. required, no left at, no DR, no SDN, ect....)-
Does the idiotic prompted report take these pkgs into account?
The days of running around trying to dump a pkg with a neighbor have been long gone.
UPS sends a computer voice mail to consignees prior to the delivery telling them to be there to sign for the package.
-(they even do that with call tags, now)-
If the consignee has not made arrangements before hand, then UPS has passed the onus back to the shipper, for it not being delivered in a timely manner.
Ups wants to save/make money, by not having to double handle a pkg, and I agree with that concept.

IMHO,
There should be a sliding scale in billing.
IE will have to come up with the profit/ loss point for charges.
1st attempt, standard charge -(UPS has warned them it is coming)-
2nd attempt, $25 billed to the shipper.
3rd attempt, $50 billed to the shipper.
If by 3 attempts it cannot be delivered, the shipper must pay standard shipping cost to get the pkg back.
Simple economics.
Triple handling of a pkg that gets sent back is absurd.

My real pet peeve is call tags for Dish Network who sends an ARS label inside the empty box, but that is another thread on how UPS loses money.

BTW,
I can never -(by My Center Teams Command)- sheet a package as Damaged.
Future or EC only.
Damages spin a report that they would have to deal with.

bumped

I've been told so many different ways how to deal with damages. Now, I try to get a signature for every possible damage. I take it to the customer, show them and they usually refuse it, so I sheet as refused/didn't want. Our center doesn't want us using damaged. If they are not home I sheet as NI1, and directly hand it to a clerk. I usually never see it again.

SWORDFISH

I've been told so many different ways how to deal with damages. Now, I try to get a signature for every possible damage. I take it to the customer, show them and they usually refuse it, so I sheet as refused/didn't want. Our center doesn't want us using damaged. If they are not home I sheet as NI1, and directly hand it to a clerk. I usually never see it again.

This is what I would do if I dont notice the damage till I got to the stop. If you notice it before you go to the stop you dont need to go there so you should just record as missed/damaged

screamin chicken

This is what I would do if I dont notice the damage till I got to the stop. If you notice it before you go to the stop you dont need to go there so you should just record as missed/damaged

That day there where 3 pkgs of wine glasses, I rolled the to the cust. not knowing that 2 where damaged until I picked the 2 up and then I sheeted the 2 damaged, I knew they where damaged then so I sheeted them damaged and because I did that it goen into my files. I will never do it again and every pkg that looks to be damaged I will call my sup. on his cell phone if I have to do it 20 time a day everyday. Thas following instructions.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I take it to the customer to let them decide. He has the choice of keeping it or refusing it. Had one yesterday for Lowes. Package was bent, showed it to the reciever. He said we can't refuse damages, we have to deal with them on our end. Perfect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I take it to the customer to let them decide. He has the choice of keeping it or refusing it. Had one yesterday for Lowes. Package was bent, showed it to the reciever. He said we can't refuse damages, we have to deal with them on our end. Perfect.

What did you put in the remarks, if anything? I will usually put OPEN or WET or CRUSHED or something along those lines. WalMart is a stickler for me putting OPEN.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What did you put in the remarks, if anything? I will usually put OPEN or WET or CRUSHED or something along those lines. WalMart is a stickler for me putting OPEN.

In this case I put PKG BENT in the remarks column. I use your other examples also. In Walmart's case, we should ask them to tell their CD and DVD companies to put more than scotch tape on their boxes. I've deliverd a few tote boxes of loose DVD's to them over the years.

screamin chicken

In this case I put PKG BENT in the remarks column. I use your other examples also. In Walmart's case, we should ask them to tell their CD and DVD companies to put more than scotch tape on their boxes. I've deliverd a few tote boxes of loose DVD's to them over the years.

You have to call it in sheet as MISSED and in the remarks put DAMAGED then give it to the clerk. That is how we are instructed period, it's BS but like I said I will play there DUMB BS game to the T......

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You have to call it in sheet as MISSED and in the remarks put DAMAGED then give it to the clerk. That is how we are instructed period, it's BS but like I said I will play there DUMB BS game to the T......

I'll show the reciever the suspect package. If they decide to keep it, fine. If not, I'll ask the center how I should sheet it or just sheet it refused, damaged.

tourists24

Here, we are by no means allowed to sheet it as missed. That would show up on a bad report. Even though there is a "damaged" option in place, we cant use that either

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Our Walmart is the same. I, too, let the customer decide. If the customer decides to keep it I will note that the box has been damaged.

Shortimer

Last time instruction was given: Sheet pkg as missed, put "POSS DAM" in remarks column if you are not sure pkg is damaged. If you know for sure, sheet as "damaged"