How to sheet damages

tourists24

At our center, we have been instructed to sheet packages in the board as refused, then bring to our night part time clerks to inspect.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At our center, we have been instructed to sheet packages in the board as refused, then bring to our night part time clerks to inspect.
Last I heard that's how we do it. I don't get to the pcm much these days though so it's possible there's been a change that I don't know about.

screamin chicken

Last I heard that's how we do it. I don't get to the pcm much these days though so it's possible there's been a change that I don't know about.

I can understand the reason, meaning if something is not rally damaged, but when you can clearly hear broken wine glasses then it should be damaged not missed the pkg was being delivered and then it was noticed that it was damaged, just more BS in my file I gues oh well......

browned out

Then customer wonders where their pkg is; tracks it; sees refused, then call 1800pickups and files a concern. I would not sheet as refused.

UPSGUY72

Does everyone here have to call damages in and then sheet them as missed and in the remarks colum type in damaged.

we do the same thing and call or send a message to the center. If you sheet it as damaged it automactically starts the process of paying the insurance on the item.

Big Babooba

Does everyone here have to call damages in and then sheet them as missed and in the remarks colum type in damaged.

were told to sheet as 'inspection'

...and we are told to sheet as Future.

we are told to not sheet and give it to clerk and they can worry bout it

we do the same thing and call or send a message to the center. If you sheet it as damaged it automactically starts the process of paying the insurance on the item.

UPS must have ONE policy on how to sheet damaged packages. I wonder why they are keeping it a secret?:knockedout:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If I think I have one damaged, I just record it like that and take it back in for the clerk. It makes no sense to me to deliver an clearly damaged package and then have to go back another day to pick it up and deal with the consignee. This morning my Center Manager came up with yet another useless piece of paper for me to sign. I had a 118 lb table top that I brought back Tuesday night because the corner was busted out. That was a new one to me, like whats the point? I turned in a damaged package.

Another useless peice of paper they started using about a month ago was about NDA sendagains. If we don't deliver a NDA (signature required, nobody home) on a residential, then thats another report. We start late because of longwinded PCMs and last minute Add/Cuts, and he wants us to run around and knock on the neighbor's doors to get rid of them on the first attempt. If I did this, then I would have late NDAs, which will of course generate another report......but we are a "green" company. Right.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I think I have one damaged, I just record it like that and take it back in for the clerk. It makes no sense to me to deliver an clearly damaged package and then have to go back another day to pick it up and deal with the consignee. This morning my Center Manager came up with yet another useless piece of paper for me to sign. I had a 118 lb table top that I brought back Tuesday night because the corner was busted out. That was a new one to me, like whats the point? I turned in a damaged package.

Another useless peice of paper they started using about a month ago was about NDA sendagains. If we don't deliver a NDA (signature required, nobody home) on a residential, then thats another report. We start late because of longwinded PCMs and last minute Add/Cuts, and he wants us to run around and knock on the neighbor's doors to get rid of them on the first attempt. If I did this, then I would have late NDAs, which will of course generate another report......but we are a "green" company. Right.

Preaching to the choir, brother.:peaceful:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We sheet as inspect and give to the damage clerks. One day I accidently gave one to the a/c clerks by mistake. When he looked it up in ETT it showed "Customs inspection/hold unable to be processed." He left at the center manager's door for him to deal with with the ETT print out. I happened to have hung around and got nosey and saw it and took it to the right clerk. If a customer tracked that package and saw that what would they think?

tourists24

Then customer wonders where their pkg is; tracks it; sees refused, then call 1800pickups and files a concern. I would not sheet as refused.
Browned,,, that's how we were instructed to sheet it at a PCM.... lots of witnesses.... I know what you are saying though. I asked them specifically about what you just brought up....