How tough was adjusting to retirement??

quad decade guy

What I am looking forward to when I retire (which is not far off)
Not having a short check due to missing a few days for say the flu.
Not having management saying you have to work a 6th day.
NOT having to work the day after Thanksgiving.
Not having to be sure to get in 1 punch a week to keep the health insurance.
Of course, might miss the extra fun from filing grievances.....

I wish you luck. There is a whole other world out there. Go get it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
After reading some of the topics on the BC the absolute BEST thing about retirement is you no longer have to listen to all the whining from drivers. I avoided the break room like the plague.

Stayed away from most drivers as much as possible. You know who didnt complain at our hub???? It was the mechanics so I hung out with them. I still visit those guys once in awhile and bring pizzas from Costco.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After reading some of the topics on the BC the absolute BEST thing about retirement is you no longer have to listen to all the whining from drivers. I avoided the break room like the plague.

Stayed away from most drivers as much as possible. You know who didnt complain at our hub???? It was the mechanics so I hung out with them. I still visit those guys once in awhile and bring pizzas from Costco.
You’re an absolute peach

wkmac

Only tough part was going to work every day those last few months when freedom was so close I could taste it. Other than that it's been a piece of cake, feels very natural to me.

Same here. Those last couples of months were the toughest but I don't miss it AT ALL. In my mid 60's, dropped 50 lbs and still dropping, and not far from what I weighed when I came to work for UPS. Blood pressure normalized, blood sugar normalized, joint pain gone, sleeping normal, feel like I'm back in my early 40's. We are having the time of our lives.

Best wishes and live long and prosper.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Same here. Those last couples of months were the toughest but I don't miss it AT ALL. In my mid 60's, dropped 50 lbs and still dropping, and not far from what I weighed when I came to work for UPS. Blood pressure normalized, blood sugar normalized, joint pain gone, sleeping normal, feel like I'm back in my early 40's. We are having the time of our lives.

@wkmac !!!

Nice to hear from you. @tonyexpress and I hoped you were okay.

wkmac

@wkmac !!!

Nice to hear from you. @tonyexpress and I hoped you were okay.

Doing fantastic and just loving life. Hope everyone at BC is doing well too. Just popped by and saw this thread and concurred with Jones. I enjoyed the challenge and the technology I experienced in 39 years of Plant Engineering but it was just time.

Wife and I retired at the same time and in fact my first day at UPS was my 25th birthday and my last day at UPS was my wife's birthday. We wanted to go on our 40th wedding anniversary but my wife wanted to go 3 more months as she got certain perks and bennies and we didn't want to live any money on the table.

If you ever find yourselves on the really far distant roads less travels and you see this rig, by all means flag us
IMG_1617.jpg
down and say hi. We will be coast to coast and anywhere across North America.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Doing fantastic and just loving life. Hope everyone at BC is doing well too. Just popped by and saw this thread and concurred with Jones. I enjoyed the challenge and the technology I experienced in 39 years of Plant Engineering but it was just time.

Wife and I retired at the same time and in fact my first day at UPS was my 25th birthday and my last day at UPS was my wife's birthday. We wanted to go on our 40th wedding anniversary but my wife wanted to go 3 more months as she got certain perks and bennies and we didn't want to live any money on the table.

If you ever find yourselves on the really far distant roads less travels and you see this rig, by all means flag usView attachment 311336 down and say hi. We will be coast to coast and anywhere across North America.
That's awesome! Glad to know life is going well for you.

@tonyexpress and I love to travel, but we haven't gone anywhere this year...

That rig you posted looks like a great way to get out there and explore. Enjoy!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Don't how I missed this the other day, but good to hear from you brother and glad you made it to the other side.