How would a layoff work?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
From what I hear and our stewards told us. It’s based on company seniority. Doesn’t matter who is full time or part time. That’s is also if they do a full building lay-off. But I could also be wrong so don’t take what I seriously bc I don’t even work there.

WTFm8

FT have to be laid off 5 consecutive days before they can bump inside/PT.

They also have the option to bump 2 shifts to get their 8hr guarantee.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Between a part time Air driver who's been here for 5 years and a Full time driver whos been with the company for 3 years , i guess the full time driver would go 'bye be' 1st?
I cant ever remember layoffs at UPS other that some newbie a week or so after peak. It things get that bad we are all screwed.

Box Ox

Between a part time Air driver who's been here for 5 years and a Full time driver whos been with the company for 3 years , i guess the full time driver would go 'bye be' 1st?

Depends on whether the air driver is really a sexy UPS man or more of a Gollum from The Lord of the Rings looking guy like BC’s favorite Canadian.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How so ?

Layoff language, is by seniority in the classification.

A part-time employee can't bump a full-timer in a layoff situation.

Maybe.... you have negotiated a better deal ?
Pretty sure he's saying that a laid-off FT driver can't bump a PTer who has more company seniority. That's how it is here, you can bump back to PT but only if you have more company seniority than the people you are bumping.